Piston won’t go up and down. Help!

Isn't it a "thing" to manually run the motor by hand with the plug out of it to make sure it moves smoothly and doesn't hit the top of the head?

Just wondering... because I've done that twice now thinking it just might be prudent.
It should be standard procedure. I did this check while having some issues and found out I had piston to head contact, which explained some things.

Isn't it a "thing" to manually run the motor by hand with the plug out of it to make sure it moves smoothly and doesn't hit the top of the head?

Just wondering... because I've done that twice now thinking it just might be prudent.
It is part of the procedure, that many refuse to follow. Then throw a rod thru the block, and generally call these engines junk. All the while it was the builder who was junk and didn't follow instruction. These people today need anything to blame but themselves when it comes to failure. Never one realizing, failure is the only way to success, unless your parents are rich. These engines should be checked from top to bottom, regardless of who they come from. People built these engines, people packed them, people shipped them, people aren't perfect. Stuff happens, always double check.

Back