Piston

Joel beller

Local time
11:57 PM
Took head off the inside walls were nice and shiny no scratches on the wall or anything. the top of the Piston just had a lot of burnt oil on it black no cracks I cleaned up put back on seems like I have a whole lot better compression now make sure all four head bolts were nice and snug tight. I am going to order new CDI box hook that up so that way that's new my carburetor is new and spark plug brand new n.g.k. piston looks good it went up and down with no issues at all all I have now is a very light spark hoping new CDI and coil will fix the problem if not next step will just replace my piston and then I figure that's the only other thing it could be if it's not the CDI and coil

Took head off the inside walls were nice and shiny no scratches on the wall or anything. the top of the Piston just had a lot of burnt oil on it black no cracks I cleaned up put back on seems like I have a whole lot better compression now make sure all four head bolts were nice and snug tight. I am going to order new CDI box hook that up so that way that's new my carburetor is new and spark plug brand new n.g.k. piston looks good it went up and down with no issues at all all I have now is a very light spark hoping new CDI and coil will fix the problem if not next step will just replace my piston and then I figure that's the only other thing it could be if it's not the CDI and coil
I'm all new to this so I'm just trying to go down the list of things I could think of that it could be I made it this far now I have this issue that I can't figure out keeping fingers crossed it will start

Change both parts, it's probably the coil. Try that one first.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Check the magneto coil with a multimeter they generally should fall between 330-350 Ohms, if too low can cause weak spark. Check your gap, a large gap can cause weak spark. If everything else looks good it could be your magnet.

Back