Planning a MotoredCommuter - Any Ideas?

Attachments

• 082708-stokemonkey1.jpg
    082708-stokemonkey1.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 192
when you get a few more posts in, you'll be allowed to post url's...it's an anti-spammer feature.

it's late & i'm barely plodding along after a great morning ride into mckenna and a fun afternoon/evening at rif's place...i saw your intro and the pics, thanks VERY much...

some quick input for you, then i'm rolling into my tent for the nite...if i were you, i'd go with nothing less than the gebe/velocity 12 gauge rear-wheel.

My pleasure, augidog.

Is good to hear from you! Hope you pitched that tent on high ground, as it looks like we're in for another dose of liquid sunshine!

I kind of figured you'd have something to say about my wheel choice, and was planning on taking it up again with you when you returned. I do remember you advising I go with 12 gauge when we spoke at Toad's, but, having scaled back my original plans, I was hoping to avoid the expense.

Eh, what's another $30?

I've begun acquiring parts for my build. Nickel and dime stuff. A saddle. A stem. Maybe tomorrow: a rack. Speaking of which:

If anyone's interested, I finally identified the mystery rack from earlier in this thread. It's manufacturered by Steco in the Netherlands. A tough and good-looking design, it appears to have developed something of a cult following in the U.S. Available at Clever Cycles in Portland, OR for the (princely) sum of $125.

Think I'll pass. I'm going instead with the 5-rail CETMA. Not near so chic and cute as the Steco: it reminds me of the harrowbed that spelled out the end of my hay-bucking days. Its agricultural look fits better with the theme of my build. Can't wait to bolt it on and zip-tie an old milk crate on top of it. Suh-weet!

I, too, barely plodding. Time to call it.

Yoda

note: one doesn't have to purchase their 12G wheel from GEBE...there are many affordable options. strength is the key...look around and/or ask for links :)

note: one doesn't have to purchase their 12G wheel from GEBE...there are many affordable options that meet the minimum standard. strength is the key...look around and/or ask for links :)

Back