Planning My Titan...

Yea I put a v brake on the rear because I knew I couldn't use the disc brake with the sprocket in the way.

vyzhion,

In case you haven't seen the photos already you should check out the photos of azbill's Schwinn Jaguar over in the Picture Gallery. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=11698 He shows the rear sprocket attached to the disc brake rotor and then the whole assembly attached to the rear hub. A very clever/clean solution and keeps the driven sprocket off of the spokes as well as providing the use of the Disc Brake.

ocscully

Last edited:
i did see that last night and I like the idea. I will probably end up something similar eventually. Unfortunately, I need to get this bike going in a hurry as our truck just broke down and I need to get to work on Monday morning. I am stuck about 20 miles from civilization until I get the bike or truck working. To mount the sprocket to the disc rotor I need nuts and bolts that I just can't get without a trip into the city. But props to Azbill for a good idea!

Ok I am finally done building my Titan. I wanted to build a made in the USA themed bike but to my disappointment my GMC branded bicycle was made in China. Boo I say! Anyhow... on with the build. I had a few minor issues but I believe I have solved them. Firstly, the throttle cable that came with the kit (the same as my spare from my Grubee frame-mount setup) is too short for my bike. I couldn't quite get the throttle to a place where it would disengage. So I cut down and used a brake cable and put a drop of JB Weld in the cable end to make sure it stays in place. Now the only trouble I have is that the engine is RIGHT behind the seat. I can't sit my arse fully on the seat as I normally do because the air filter/carb is in the way. I could sure use an extra set of those bar mounts like LP has here. Anyhow, for the time being I plan on using a bent seatpost that I have in storage with my schwinn OCC stingray that I never did anything with. Other than the seat issue, everything is gravy with this bike. I will need to find a way to move the seat back though. ANyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• 100_1265.jpg
    100_1265.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_1267.jpg
    100_1267.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_1268.jpg
    100_1268.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 247
I was able to move the engine back a bit and move the seat forward as well. I can finally sit my arse all the way on my seat. I just put a couple extra links in the pto to jackshaft chain loop and moved the engine all the way to the back of the engine mounting slots. I also flipped the mounting bracket on my seat upsidedown and it moved it forward about 2 inches. I fot on it just fine now. Everything seems to be good. I just hope it stays together because I have to rely on it to get me to work tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)

Oh I doubt you'll have any problems. I really do think you should shorten that chain though within the next week so down the road when your chain stretches you have room in your threads for adjustments. Do you have a chain breaker?

Wait wait wait wait..... bring your mounts up to your bottom holes. That will give you the treads you need for adjustments. Forget shortening that chain. Your mounts are set too low.
And don't forget to loosen your torque rod before loosening your mounts.

Should be easy. Loosen torque rod. Loosen chain adjusting nuts,spin the top nuts up move the mount to the bottom hole. Tighten. Do one side at a time.
Height wont change at all. What will change is that you'll have about an inch of threads below your bottom nuts. You want that.

Now if you want to lower your mount then shorten the chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice build. Where did you find that kickstand??

I agree, Enjoy your ride and please tell us where you got that stand.

If you decide to drill the plate, let me know and I'll try and share what I did, if I didn't cover it in my thread.

The kickstand came with the bike... As far as drilling the plate, I doubt that I will do that. I have no drill press available to me and I am not sure I could drill that monster with a hand drill. I will just have to get another set of brackets.

Back