Planning on a long bike tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilad

Local time
6:57 PM
Hi.
So I finally decided to buy 49CC 4 stroke motorized bicycle with HuaSheng engine and planning to ride from California to South Dakota. (I Know those bikes are not ment for this but that a challenge I'm willing to take)

My question for you guys is as following:
What spare parts are essentials to take with me in my journey?

Also, good to know which HuaSheng kit you are going with as this will determine some of the parts you will need. And, knowing the type of bike, route topography, and total weight is helpful too. I always wanted to do a long bike trip like this; been trying to train on the ebike (80 miles max so far). I think it is possible the HS-142F is a very reliable engine and if you take it easy on her off the line and on hills; I think she will be able to make it.

What spare parts are essentials to take with me in my journey?
The trick is to make everything as bullet proof as you can before hand, like your wheels. Use HD tubes and tire liners.

What bike do you plan to use?

He's right about bullet proofing your bike. My bike I'm building now will be a much better one than my last build. I'm going all the way down to bolts and bearings. Still need 6 or 8 bolts (the 2 below the cylinder, the 2 front ones and the 3 under the clutch) also better studs for my engine (probably going to get the sick bike parts ones). Planning to use mag wheels and replace the bearings in those too with Japanese ones. Just ordered 4 Japanese bearings for the engine and a 40mm reed valve and banana pipe. Getting into these bikes is fun its just the pocketbook that's at a loss lol. But getting on to the trip: you want to make sure you take stops and not overheat the engine. And of course you can't ride it on the highway.

Last edited:
Rig you bike for a trip across state line.
Look at the MB rules for both asap.

The trick is to make everything as bullet proof as you can before hand, like your wheels. Use HD tubes and tire liners.

What bike do you plan to use?

I am planning to buy cruiser no more than 200$. Any recommendation?

It's decent you may be able to find a cheaper kit though I always use this chain on my bikes its made in Italy and is way better than the kit chains. I will put a link. Also I would get a aluminum sprocket adapter with 40 tooth. I wouldn't trust the rag joint for such a long trip. As far as bikes go you could get a micargi stealth I have the micargi predator with a 79cc engine. https://m.ebay.com/itm/REGINA-90RH2...hash=item441bb196fd:m:mj968QBDDZ6_NLfrrXHp5rQ

I am

I'm thinking to buy this kit:
https://www.gasbike.net/collections/4-stroke-bicycle-engines/products/knight-racer-8g

What do you think? Looks reliable kit?

Yeah, so you might want to slow down and really research the kit that you chose. The premium 4G kit is only $50 more and supposedly much better than the 8G. There are also significant machining and mechanical differences between the transmissions.

https://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4g-t-belt-drive-complete-gas-powered-engine-kit/

From heresay, the 4G seems to be more reliable and most here have that kit. They also supposedly have excellent customer service and response, which is notorious in this hobby. I have the cheapest GasBike hoot transmission and it works for me but I am not planning to go halfway across America.

Also, do you know the route you will take? Will it be gravel, trails, or paved roads? I would think you would want a bike with a decent front suspension fork and if a hard tail atleast a seat post suspension. So, when I biked 80 miles (9 hours) on my ebike I got bad saddle sore. That is another thing to consider. But, fun times planning this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back