Planning to go a long distance

Local time
6:49 AM
Hello everyone,
I just finished breaking in the 4th tank of my pk80 engine kit. As of yesterday, I just removed another link off the chain as it was slacking too much. I have now noticed that when the wheel turns, the chain gets tighter at one point than the other points. Should I tension the chain at the tightest point so I don't snap the chain when it gets to the tightest point? I also installed the E3.12 spark plug since the Chinese one fouled out. I am now running a 40:1 ratio.

Also, what should I lube the chain with? I only have silicone grease but I heard of people using 2 stroke oil to lube the chain.

Are there any precautions I should take using the bike to go 16 miles one way and 16 miles back? I also had to replace both of my tire tubes that came with the bike I bought because they tore at the seams so those should be good I hope.

It was 24 kms each way for me to go to work and I was making 100 kms evening trips with my bike. hey will go the distance. Yes tension the chain at the tightest point, nut even better, true the sprocyet if you can.

It was 24 kms each way for me to go to work and I was making 100 kms evening trips with my bike. hey will go the distance. Yes tension the chain at the tightest point, nut even better, true the sprocyet if you can.

How long did it take you to go the 24 kms each way? That's about how far I'll have to go

Hello everyone,
I just finished breaking in the 4th tank of my pk80 engine kit. As of yesterday, I just removed another link off the chain as it was slacking too much. I have now noticed that when the wheel turns, the chain gets tighter at one point than the other points. Should I tension the chain at the tightest point so I don't snap the chain when it gets to the tightest point? I also installed the E3.12 spark plug since the Chinese one fouled out. I am now running a 40:1 ratio.

Also, what should I lube the chain with? I only have silicone grease but I heard of people using 2 stroke oil to lube the chain.

Are there any precautions I should take using the bike to go 16 miles one way and 16 miles back? I also had to replace both of my tire tubes that came with the bike I bought because they tore at the seams so those should be good I hope.
Take a tool kit on your trip also cell phone you might need to call an associate who has a pickup truck due to your so lean you will burn your motor out.

My chain is tighter in some spots as I rotate the wheel. My tire is 2.125 in wide. I heard sometimes that the tire is too wide and the sprocket needs to be flipped over so the teeth face outwards. Is that the case or does the sprocket just need aligned?

You want your sprockets lined up as close to perfect as possible and make sure your wheel sprocket is centered. The kit chain stretches horribly and might have stretched more on some links than others. Tension from the tightest spot on the chain to not snap it.

You want your sprockets lined up as close to perfect as possible and make sure your wheel sprocket is centered. The kit chain stretches horribly and might have stretched more on some links than others. Tension from the tightest spot on the chain to not snap it.

Thanks! Should I just tension from the tightest spot or should I try adjusting the sprocket? Even if the chain moves around with some slack but never comes off even close to full throttle, should I be okay? If the chain adjusted to the sprocket and wore in like that, if I adjust the sprocket will I run into more problems?

If the chain stretched unevenly due to a non-concentric sprocket you might need a new one. You want there to always be a little bit of slack or it'll stretch some and make its own slack.

Just curious What's the farthest you've taken it to date? If you plan on making this distance trip a norm. Periodically torque your head cover bolts, and also make sure your 4 engine bolts are secure. Those things can become loose with just one ride if not done properly. A roadside toolkit is a good idea.

Back