Plastics / fender for motorized bike?

Khamsin

So, I saw an interesting Motorized bike, its by Arrow I've been trying to make mine look like that recently. I've got disc brakes, MX type handlebars, and a triple tree fork on the way. I cannot for the life of me find the plastics and saddle. Anyone think they can find out where they got this done?
DSCF3514.JPG

Backhillbiker

Might be a custom job, but i have seen many similar saddles on bikes before. Google bicycle cafe racer seat and you can get pretty close

CrazyDan

Funny, i spent almost all day googling bicycle fairings/plastics...are you reading my thoughts?:confused:

butre

custom deal. I make mine out of fiberglass

Khamsin

Fiberglass / plastic sheets... that was my next shot. but yeah man I hear ya I nearly went nuts looking for these.

CrazyDan

I'm thinking about getting a universal motorcycle windshield. Seems any other fairings would have to be custom made. We would see a mpg jump and quicker acceleration above 20mph because of a lower drag coefficient.

Baconator101

I'm thinking about getting a universal motorcycle windshield. Seems any other fairings would have to be custom made. We would see a mpg jump and quicker acceleration above 20mph because of a lower drag coefficient.
You thinking of putting a windshield on the handlebars?

FurryOnTheInside

Anything large should really be attached to the frame, but a lot of smaller fairings and windshields are attached to the bars.

Most of the pictures I find are non- pedalled, non- engined, gravity bikes.. or recumbents/ something wacky. But here's a couple of fun ones.
Not my pictures:

With pedals:
1ff8ee098d51fbb41c56df2fcf609733.jpg

With pedals and engine:
1981-Hanebrink-big.jpg

With flip-flops:
image (2).jpeg

That last one makes me cringe. Doesn't he know that's dangerous?! :eek: :eek:
I suppose a lot of people weren't aware of the dangers of smoking back then. :rolleyes:
I like where the last one is using the cargo area, and I think that a handlebar bag or panniers (that one would use for storing stuff anyway) might be a good way to get a little bit of added aerodynamic efficiency. I'm working on something actually but I can't show you yet, it's top secret lol. ;) ;) ;)

Khamsin

just the plastics to give it more of a Enduro / Dirt bike feel......Windshields are actually interesting those fairings would probably restrict my movement. Recently after browsing around I saw one guy bolt and weld parts to his frame. he used pit bike parts. and another one while I was riding to the store.
11021117481.jpg