Please accept my humble apology...

The abusive nature of the internet may be too much for some.... even if he is a genius.
Dr. David A. Gray,
BS IEEE, MBA, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Astronomical Physics, Quantum Mechanical Physics

I have been searching for a cheap, lightweight, efficient power plant for a specific task. Not finding off the shelf components up to spec., I have been looking for something that can be practically modified (by this I mean inexpensively and simply improved) to meet the following requirement:

Power a practical vehicle with a single adult passenger, 3000 miles, in 30 days or less while consuming, 50 gallons of pump gasoline or less. This vehicle can not experience any major failures during this journey and all of the fuel and passenger supplies must be loaded on the vehicle from the start. Sounds simple doesn’t it? It’s not. Many have tried, but no one has yet succeeded. Not even close. ..

While I cannot testify from personal experience as to the validity of the claims made by Robert Q. Riley as regards the XR-3 design, I do know from experience that his designs are practical, durable, and very functional, having built both an Urbacar and a Trimuter years ago. Both vehicles performed as claimed, and both were a lot of fun. The Urbacar was destroyed in a garage fire, the Trimuter I sold. Based on that experience, and the projected mileage numbers for the XR-3 of 125 to 225 mpg (depending on driving), I expect your conditions above to be readily met. In fact, I'd bet that the 3,000 miles can be done on 25 gallons or less of deisel fuel.

With your qualifications and expertise, you can bring a huge reality check to this place. Please stick around.

Back