Please allow me to Re-Introduce myself

J

johnnyboy805

First off, I would like to thank everyone who participates in this forum. All of the information that I have gathered from here has been very helpful.

I first joined when I was in the process of building around a King's Motorbike 80cc. I gave up on that project because of the lack of time and money (and the impossible task of centering the sprocket on the wheel).

Now that I have graduated from SJSU and am now working as a Process Engineer at a manufacturing facility, my interest has been renewed. My responsibilities at work include the design, fabrication, and implementation of various fixtures for manufacturing. Needless to say, I spend most of my time in the machine shop.

With my machining experience and extra time, I decided to take on my next project: a rack mount friction drive system with a 31cc Ryobi trimmer motor. My design has been strongly influenced by the Staton system.

I am in the final stages of fabrication and should have a post going up soon in the Rack Mount section about the details of my build. It should be very useful to anyone that is going to build one of these systems in the future.

Thanks

Back