Please help 142 huasheng bogging down

Electricbkrider

Local time
5:08 AM
I have a 142f and Ezm pacesetter everything is stock for some reason I've never been able to go up any small inclines with out pedaling a good bit motor just boggs downs but on the flats I can run 40 mph all day I've done the proper break in procedures does chain tension affect low end torque

You're likely just geared a bit too high for uphill climbs. Not the greatest system for hill-climbing unless you gear for it at the expense of top speed. It's an under-driven clutch design, which means your low-end power depends on the clutch performance for a longer duration. Converting to aftermarket clutch could help, but that's out of my area of knowledge.

Chain being too tight will cause some power loss, but you'd notice that at all speeds, not just low speed.

You're likely just geared a bit too high for uphill climbs. Not the greatest system for hill-climbing unless you gear for it at the expense of top speed. It's an under-driven clutch design, which means your low-end power depends on the clutch performance for a longer duration. Converting to aftermarket clutch could help, but that's out of my area of knowledge.

Chain being too tight will cause some power loss, but you'd notice that at all speeds, not just low speed.
I bought the kit from Quenton from Ezm informed him that I live in Pennsylvania with ridiculous hills and he said he geared it accordingly

Aleman is correct, If you are geared for 40 mph running single speed with the 142f it will be a dog on hills. You need to sacrifice some of your top speed to take hills easy. If you gear it for around 30 mph or less you shouldn't have any problems with hills.

This was my first build could y'all point me in the right direction to change my gear ratio or see that it is correct and could be another problem

I put several hundred miles on my brother's EZM-equipped bike, at the time which was also geared to do about 40. Know what it didn't do well?
Climb hills.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty nice system and perhaps the smoothest cruising system around, but single-speed drivetrains aren't known for their versatility. If you want better hill-climbing ability, you need to put a larger sprocket on the wheel. My brother switched from a 56T to a 64T and it helped quite a bit off the line and up hills. An EZM dealer from the Arizona mountains put well over 10K miles hill-climbing on his but IIRC he had a 72T sprocket and kept his speeds at 20MPH or less.

Keep in mind you will lose top speed by switching to a larger sprocket.

I'm not sure what the ezm drive ratio is exactly, but 40 mph at the governed 6870 rpm is roughly 13.2:1 on a 26" wheel. I would only run that as a single speed if I lived in the country with stop signs every 5 miles or more. Get a bigger sprocket for you rear wheel.

HF79 would have more torque, but it simply doesn't rev as high as the 142F. You'd still have to choose between hillclimbing torque or high cruising speed. I'm assuming you have a 56T now, going to a 64T would help a lot.

Would switching to hf 79cc help any. I'd really like to still be able to cruise around 30 or so
I travel back roads to
I'm not sure what the ezm drive ratio is exactly, but 40 mph at the governed 6870 rpm is roughly 13.2:1 on a 26" wheel. I would only run that as a single speed if I lived in the country with stop signs every 5 miles or more. Get a bigger sprocket for you rear wheel.
I have 18 mile round trip to work and it's a back road one light at the beginning of the trip no stops signs the whole way there
HF79 would have more torque, but it simply doesn't rev as high as the 142F. You'd still have to choose between hillclimbing torque or high cruising speed. I'm assuming you have a 56T now, going to a 64T would help a lot.
Do you know of any dealers that have 6 bolt pattern 64t sprockets

Back