Please help, After a lot of effort, My bike won't start.

B

bossman1093

Hello, I just built my first Motorized bike but am having trouble starting for it. Whenever I let go of the clutch, I can hear the pistons move and there is compression but the bike just doesn't move when I engage the throttle. I have checked for a spark and am getting a consistent spark.

My starting procedure is biking about 7 mph, letting go of the clutch and slowly increasing the throttle with the choke full on. I used about a 25:1 fuel to oil ratio. My suspicions right now are that somehow that carb got clogged with rust from the gas tank but I don't think that would completely stop the bike from working. Also, for around 15 tries, I had the carb on backward and am wondering if maybe this broke the carb somehow but now, it is on correctly.

I am open to any tips and can send pictures. Thanks in advance!

Hello, I just built my first Motorized bike but am having trouble starting for it. Whenever I let go of the clutch, I can hear the pistons move and there is compression but the bike just doesn't move when I engage the throttle. I have checked for a spark and am getting a consistent spark.

My starting procedure is biking about 7 mph, letting go of the clutch and slowly increasing the throttle with the choke full on. I used about a 25:1 fuel to oil ratio. My suspicions right now are that somehow that carb got clogged with rust from the gas tank but I don't think that would completely stop the bike from working. Also, for around 15 tries, I had the carb on backward and am wondering if maybe this broke the carb somehow but now, it is on correctly.

I am open to any tips and can send pictures. Thanks in advance!
Pics. would be great. Having a hard time figuring out how it's possible to put the carb on backwards. remove line from carb to check that fuel is flowing.Try moving the clip on the needle to the top notch. Check youtube for carb needle adjustment. Try no or 1/2 choke.

Last edited:
Back