please help!Huasheng transmission ratio problem

cristisonntag

hi!I think i have a huasheng motor and i had a lot of problems with the transmission.First the clutch burnt...and another...So i bought a gearbox (kinda hoot,but with 78 mm clutchbell and two chains an ratio 1:3),put soft springs on three paded clutch.
Now i don t know how many teeth the sprocket on the back wheel should have.I have one with 44t,but i think it s not good.I want a reliable 30 kmh bike on like 5k rpm...
How many teeth that sprocket should have?50?55?60?
thank you in advance :D

CrazyDan

You might want a 60 tooth. Are you in hill country? If so you might be happy with a 20:1 overall ratio.

LR Jerry

It'd really help to know more details about your engine. 30 kph is only 18.6 mph. From your statement I'm going to assume there's some kind of 3:1 reduction box on the engine. To obtain the speeds your after using 26" tires you'll need an 8t drive gear and a 55t rear sprocket. If you use a 9t drive gear you'll need a 60t rear sprocket. You could use a duel sprocket jackshaft as a way to run a smaller rear wheel sprocket.

Last edited:

cristisonntag

sorry for the lack of details.The reducer end with 10 t sprocket.
I don t know how make my clutch reliable by making it engage ok ...so it shouldn t slip so i shold make easy gearing,but making the bike not too slow...
btw i am not in a hilly area
thank youuuu

Old Busted Hotness

You really want a 5:1 transmission. 3:1 will work on a little BMX bike with 20" tires, but on a 26" all it does is burn clutches. The stock clutch will last a good long time as long as you have a good overall drive ratio. 20:1 is good. 5:1 in the trans and 4:1 on the chain.

To get that 20:1 with your 3:1 box and a 10t sprocket you'd need a 66 tooth rear sprocket, about the size of a medium pizza.

Those $20 chain-drive boxes don't last. I've had one fail with 1.5 miles on it. A good belt drive costs more but won't break.

cristisonntag

You really want a 5:1 transmission. 3:1 will work on a little BMX bike with 20" tires, but on a 26" all it does is burn clutches. The stock clutch will last a good long time as long as you have a good overall drive ratio. 20:1 is good. 5:1 in the trans and 4:1 on the chain.

To get that 20:1 with your 3:1 box and a 10t sprocket you'd need a 66 tooth rear sprocket, about the size of a medium pizza.

Those $20 chain-drive boxes don't last. I've had one fail with 1.5 miles on it. A good belt drive costs more but won't break.
thank youuuuuuu :)