please help!Huasheng transmission ratio problem

cristisonntag

Local time
2:09 PM
hi!I think i have a huasheng motor and i had a lot of problems with the transmission.First the clutch burnt...and another...So i bought a gearbox (kinda hoot,but with 78 mm clutchbell and two chains an ratio 1:3),put soft springs on three paded clutch.
Now i don t know how many teeth the sprocket on the back wheel should have.I have one with 44t,but i think it s not good.I want a reliable 30 kmh bike on like 5k rpm...
How many teeth that sprocket should have?50?55?60?
thank you in advance :D

It'd really help to know more details about your engine. 30 kph is only 18.6 mph. From your statement I'm going to assume there's some kind of 3:1 reduction box on the engine. To obtain the speeds your after using 26" tires you'll need an 8t drive gear and a 55t rear sprocket. If you use a 9t drive gear you'll need a 60t rear sprocket. You could use a duel sprocket jackshaft as a way to run a smaller rear wheel sprocket.

Last edited:
sorry for the lack of details.The reducer end with 10 t sprocket.
I don t know how make my clutch reliable by making it engage ok ...so it shouldn t slip so i shold make easy gearing,but making the bike not too slow...
btw i am not in a hilly area
thank youuuu

You really want a 5:1 transmission. 3:1 will work on a little BMX bike with 20" tires, but on a 26" all it does is burn clutches. The stock clutch will last a good long time as long as you have a good overall drive ratio. 20:1 is good. 5:1 in the trans and 4:1 on the chain.

To get that 20:1 with your 3:1 box and a 10t sprocket you'd need a 66 tooth rear sprocket, about the size of a medium pizza.

Those $20 chain-drive boxes don't last. I've had one fail with 1.5 miles on it. A good belt drive costs more but won't break.

You really want a 5:1 transmission. 3:1 will work on a little BMX bike with 20" tires, but on a 26" all it does is burn clutches. The stock clutch will last a good long time as long as you have a good overall drive ratio. 20:1 is good. 5:1 in the trans and 4:1 on the chain.

To get that 20:1 with your 3:1 box and a 10t sprocket you'd need a 66 tooth rear sprocket, about the size of a medium pizza.

Those $20 chain-drive boxes don't last. I've had one fail with 1.5 miles on it. A good belt drive costs more but won't break.
thank youuuuuuu :)

Back