Please help me ID this two stroke engine?

Rapidrob

Local time
11:36 AM
I just won this engine. The seller says it is off of a Jacobson snow blower. It is supposed to be 102 CC's
The tag means nothing on the net about who made it or its size.
It sort of looks like a West Bend /Chrysler two stroke, but the on line photo's are poor and details are hard to see.
Any ideas? The engine is still with the seller. I cannot get better photo's at this time. I cleaned these up the best I could.

KGrHqJHJCoEt78wyKpBPic3lO60_57.jpg

T2eC16JHJGwE9nySeJDBPid36Nr60_57.jpg

T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuFHkBPichOvqw60_57.jpg

T2eC16RHJIkE9qU3kWYKBPidMW17g60_57.jpg

The engine showed up and is in very good condition. It has a Walbro SDC 81 series carb that woks OK but not great.
The engine runs well at all speeds. It looks to be a Tecumseh 1500 type 3 HP.

I have a 3hp Teumseh from an Ariens snow blower and it is totally different from your photos. I raced West Bends on go karts as a kid, your motor looks real familiar. By the way, a West Bend is worth a whole lot more than a Tecumseh!!!! How do you intend to mount it with the carb on the bottom?

I bought a real Tecumseh carb. It will be at the back of the engine with the spark plug pointing forward.
The flywheel is stuck, I'll have to heat it up to get if off the crankshaft to see who made the ignition which may lead to who made the engine. right now it's a Tecumseh 3 HP.

Jacobsen made their own 2 stoke engines in Racine WI up to around the late 70's. If this is from the paddle type blower that was made from around 76 - 82 then it will probably be the Jacobsen engine. It will have a cast iron cylinder liner, reed valves, and a pumper carb. This basic engine was used on their turf products which were sold to parks and golf courses--it was once a good engine. Google jacobsen snow burst.

Thank you for the reply. It does have a pumper carb on it now. It would not be a good mini-bike carb as it is way too sensitive on the throttle setting. I've got a real Tecumseh carb coming. I ran the engine again today, the carb is not doing well at my altitude.
I pulled the belt pulley from the shaft today as well. The crank shaft is very long and the key way is very short. I need to make up my mind as to whether or not to cut the shaft. The engine mount is missing. (I made a test stand.) I'd very much like to find a Tecumseh engine mount.

Back