Please help me out!

joshdt96

Local time
9:45 PM
I have a quick question. Do you guys think that an engine will fit on this bike:

GEDC0373.JPG

GEDC0374.JPG

GEDC0375.JPG

Here is what the motor looks like:
DSC04319.JPG

Last edited:
Motor Will Fit.

I have a 1976 Huffy 3-speed men's bike, almost exactly like this bike, fenders brakes, hub. It has 26 X 13/8" rims and tires. I bought it recently at a garage sale for $35.

Attached to it was a Aqua Bug friction drive Tanaka engine!:giggle:

Front spokes are 15g, which I replaced with 14g stainless steel. Rear spokes are 13g and are in good shape.

Bike was last registered in California in 1976.

Yes, a ht can be made to fit a girls bike. It will set a little high and might get a little warm on the legs and you need to figure out a fuel tank.........

Attachments

• P2170006.JPG
    P2170006.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 138
I tried to install a HT engine on a Raleigh girlie cruiser. The bar was high like yours, so the engine wouldn't fit. If it was a single bar mounted low, then it'd probably fit.

Without measurements and simply eyeballing, my guess is that the HT engine will not fit.

I would'nt put one on that bike, get a mans bike and you can use this one for parts.
A engine will fit on it tho and you could put the tank on the rear rack.

If you want to use that bike, Talk to the folks at GEBE. There must be enough clearace for the drive ring , other wise I would take cabinfevers advice.

Thank you guys!

Thank you guys for all the support! I think I will use another bike like you guys suggest. Oh yeah I got the bike for raking someone's leafs. I might just sell it or something. Just wanted to see if it was possible.

A friction drive on front or rear will work,,, but that type bike is not the best for it, especially if the roads are rough . Looks like the front fork is bent, too !!

Back