Please Help, Registering a Happy Time Bike in Massachusetts

John Matters

Local time
9:34 PM
I'm trying to register a bike I just assembled, but I'm missing two key components: (1) The VIN number on the "Motorized Bicycle Registration Application" and (2) the Serial Number of Motor on the "Bicycle Conversion to Motorized Bicycle Affidavit of Owner."

Anyone from Massachusetts know how I can register this bike? Thanks!

Bicycle serial number is usually located on the bottom of the pedals or by rear drop outs. Engine number will have to be made up by you, gets some number punches and stamp one on.

When I registered my Whizzer M/B in CA. There was no # stamped on the engine. So I just gave them the Engine Model # NE-5
NE-5 stands for New Edition 2005

Lets say ya got a Zelda 66cc You can just say your engine # is Z66

The M/B registration should be just a mail in form, so no one is gonna check the #s on your bike.
The state just wants your registration $$ :LOL:

Bicycle serial number is usually located on the bottom of the pedals or by rear drop outs. Engine number will have to be made up by you, gets some number punches and stamp one on.
Does the engine number and the bicycle serial number have to be a specific format?

This is where you start things in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for assignment of VIN numbers on vehicles other than those manufactured for road use purposes, so you will then have an assigned number and be able to have title and registration If it is still considered a custom vehicle in Mass...Im thinking its stilll a good place to start.

You can also visit your local local "Registry" and see one of the Registry Police Officers who know the Annotated Laws of The Commonwealth of Mass. by chapter and verse, and backwards...lol...DAMIEN

Also read these links as well for a decent overview of what is required in Mass.

Back