Please help with throttle cable length

jessebikes

Local time
5:26 AM
I have a beach cruiser with a NT carb. I need to know what size length is needed. The engine is a 66cc skyhawk GT-5. Thank you.

Thank you. So would a 49" cable work without needing cut to make smaller? Bikeberry.com has a throttle cable that is 49" and I believe its the only one they sell.

Do you have a tape measure? Use it to find the correct length you need. Beach cruiser is a long framed bike so who knows. Too long a cable and it looks mickey mouse, too short and it won't function right. Thatsdax.com has various lengths to choose from. Staton.com will custom make it to length for you. Remember you need a good loop in front of your bars to provide room for turning the bars. I know 60in is perfect for rear rack setups. 49in might be perfect or it might not. Tape measure is your friend. Tape the one end of the tape to the handle grip if needed to get a good measure. You need a good loop going into the carb so the cable works like it should, not a sharp bend.

All you do is end with round gromment end in throttle grip. Assure it's connected properly. Check you tube. Then on other end with straight wire look at you tube videos on throttle cable end in carb.
Its so easy.
When in doubt. Search you tube or this forum.
Lots of useful info.

I use an old brake cable housing. Start at the bars. Put the end in the adjusting screw, you might need to tape it on. Route the cable how you want. Once you get to the carb mark the cable at the top of adjusting screw. Pull the cable out and lay it flat and straight. Measure from the end to your mark then add 1/4". That is the length housing you need.

I have a beach cruiser with a NT carb. I need to know what size length is needed. The engine is a 66cc skyhawk GT-5. Thank you.
Just buy a stock they all work.

Just replace my clutch cable could not figure out why my clutch kept on shutting on that maybe burning my clutch thought gonna half buy a new clutch was adjusting 2 adjusters then look inspected bottom cable it was frayed by the screw lock on the armed keep on breaking strands one at a time slipping down running red light cuz had no clutch and no way to start it again if stop made to a bicycle shop just bought a brake cable slid it in tried the rest work just fine.

Back