Please help

It ran faster, now it don't, did you check your throttle cable?
Your cable stops at both ends could have come loose and it's unable to pull the throttle all the open.

Simple test.
Is there slack at the throttle?

Pull off the air cleaner and look in the carb at WOT and see if it goes up all the way.
To fix just adjust the twisters at each end to take out any cable slack and tighten the lockers against them so they don't loosen up.

You don't mention what break-in mix you use.
3 1/2 tanks is plenty, you can run 32:1 now.

Also, the best plug is an NGK 5944 (BPR7HIX) Iridium, you will feel the difference.

Yeah it ran much faster. I'm wondering it it's the mix that's making it run bad now that it's broken in. The slide moves all the way up . I was using 16-1. I'm currently running an ngk b6hs but will definitely get the 5944

From personal experience with other 2 stroke machines I think it's a carb problem. Almost seems to be getting too much fuel but a plug chop is showing like a dark chocolate color with minimal oil, as if it's firing 50-75% of the time

Ok it's definitely a carb problem. I moved the needle to the leanest position and I'm running about 20 mph vs 15 mph. Gained a little more as you can see but as I open the throttle all the way it still seems to be limited/ minor rough ride. Does anybody have a tutorial with pictures on soldering and re drilling the main jet. Or should I run the new 32-1 to see if that clears things up?

Ok update. With the needle set to the leanest position the bike will once again enter high rpms only on down hill. Flat and any sort up grade up it just won't enter high rpms. Could this be a clogged exhaust not allowing airflow/ restricting motor output under stress?

It seems to be doing the wahh like you said. I set needle to leanest position and the bike will enter high rpms going downhill. And flat or upgrade and the motor won't enter high rpms. Could it be due to a clogged exhaust restricting motor output under stress? I pulled it off and the inlet dosent look to have a build up. I did read about a catalytic converter, I pulled the cap off and can't see one.

I'd switch to 32:1 before I started changing things - if that doesn't help, I'd be looking for what changed since it last ran well.

I'm going to switch to 32:1 when I finish this 1/4 gallon. I have my power back. Took the head off and noticed some oil on the headgasket, added some sea lent when I put it back together and made sure it was torqued at 12 lbs. I guess around the one stud it loosened up just a hair and thus I lost compression at a higher rpm. Fingers crossed that's all it was. Now it's time to richen the needle a bit as I can tell the leanest position is running too lean

Yeah I guess I thought the motor would rev out from being lean like my banshee and blaster did from a bad seal. This motor did the opposite

Back