Please Please Help

greg36

Local time
11:51 AM
So Im Starting My First Project On A Beach Crusier From Walmart. The Blue One With The Base Fendors And The Brown Seat. I Was Putting On The Rear Sprocket And I Had To Take Off A Little Arm That Was On The Hub And Attached To The Frame On The Left Side. And My Whole Axle Is Take Undone And I Have Nooo Idea How To Put It Back Together And How To Put It Back With That Arm And The Sprocket. There Is No Diagram For The Rear Axle/hub Setup For That Bike

Please Help
Thank You

Sounds like the coaster brake arm and assembly...

If you do not know how it goes back together... I plead with you to go to a local bike shop and have them assemble it for you for a few dollars!

That is your ONLY BRAKE on the bike and it MUST MUST MUST work perfectly!!!

Also, do not use a coaster brake as your only brake. They aren't designed to stop at the much higher speeds a MB is capable of and there have been many horror stories associated with their failure. a front brake is a must.

It goes like this..

bolt--FRAME--bolt---Hubside with little arm---bearing---pads---torpedo---WHEEL---bearing----sprocket----smaller bearing----cone nut---bolt--FRAME--bolt

Easy peasy. Make sure the bearings face the right direction.

It goes like this..

bolt--FRAME--bolt---Hubside with little arm---bearing---pads---torpedo---WHEEL---bearing----sprocket----smaller bearing----cone nut---bolt--FRAME--bolt

Easy peasy. Make sure the bearings face the right direction.

note... the bolts you mention are nuts.

the bolt is the axle --- goes all the way through the hub.

azbill found this: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=266631&postcount=2
http://www.troubleshooters.com/bicycles/1speed/1speed_overhaul.htm

Reality check.

G, you don't have a lot of mechanical ability.
There's not much that can be explained to you long distance without undergoing a very tedious process. The 'little thing' is probably a critical brake stay.

Best advice... engage someone locally who is knowledgeable to put it back together.

Next time... as you dis-assemble things, set them aside in a row, in the order you take them off... until you become more familiar with how things work.

(and I wouldn't feel bad abt it... the coaster brake hub is possibly the most complicated mechanism on the entire bike!)

Good luck
rc

Back