plz help

shaddy

Local time
10:47 PM
hi
i have a 18 inch bike( PEUGEOT) and i want to install 80 cc engine , i see a lot of kits at e-bay but only fits 24 inches and up bikes , any idea ????
thanks

Well, we might be looking at a misunderstanding here.

When you hear folks talking about a 20 inch bike, a 24 inch bike, a 26 inch bike, etc., they're referring to the size of the wheels. I've never heard of an 18 inch bike in that sense. And such a thing would be a child's bike.

So I'm wondering if your 18 inch Peugeot is actually 18 inches from the bottom bracket to the top tube. Or to the seatpost.

If that's the case, then you should be able to fit an engine in there.

Photos of your bike would help.

When you hear folks talking about a 20 inch bike, a 24 inch bike, a 26 inch bike, etc., they're referring to the size of the wheels. I've never heard of an 18 inch bike in that sense. And such a thing would be a child's bike.

So I'm wondering if your 18 inch Peugeot is actually 18 inches from the bottom bracket to the top tube. Or to the seatpost.

Photos of your bike would help.

Frame size is measured on a bike like this

http://translate.google.se/translat...p://www.bikester.se/ramberakning.html&act=url

Photos of your bike would help.[/QUOT

yes , i mean the distance between the center of the driving sprocket to the top tube , not the wheel size its( 26 )

thanx a looooooooooooooooot

To me 18" bike means the size of the frame as measured by the length of the center tube.

and 18" is usually a fairly large frame.

actually...i have a vintage 18" tyre and rim here. and a 22" :) 28" was pretty common once, too. its come back into vogue, apparently.

on my 20" frame....i have approx 4 inches between plug and top tube, 5 from cylinder head to top tube.

Back