pocket bike engines

Local time
10:15 PM
any one modify a bike to run one? im thinking it would be a better choice of an engine because of the avaliability of performance and stock replacement parts.

you can get a whole bike for less than what some of the bolt in kits cost.

hi; yes they can be used on rack mounts, friction, chain or belt. at minipocketrocket.com you can get a 47cc for 99.00 no shipping.

no screw rack mounted, im talking about mounting one in frame. if and when i decide to make a whole frame i figure it would be a better move to design it around a better powerplant with a better aftermarket.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
pocket bike motors are LOOOONG and wide. I have a 4 stroke 47cc with 4 speed cvt and in a Scwinn OCC sting ray chopper I had to: cut the gusset and the down tube. You'll need a stretched cruiser to fit one in.

Once the "transmission/jackshaft" is discarded, the pb engine is shorter, narrower and lighter than the Honda/Subaru/Mits engines

5hp Pocket bike motor in a Stingray chopper

Hi ya.
Ive just done a pocket bike motor, into the frame , but i had to remove pedals.

It's a 5hp race engine, with custom expansion chamber.

It runs through the bikes gear system making it an 8 speed.

It's crazy fast in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.POWERBAND!!
top speed so far is 70.4km/h
then settles to a nice cruising speed.
enjoy , & just do it.
you wont regret it.
Jase

Attachments

• Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 2,099
  • Image052.jpg
    Image052.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Image050.jpg
    Image050.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 609
I get picture of that gearbox (?) from mini moto - now you can count tooth and ratio.

Attachments

• 3d38_1.JPG
    3d38_1.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Back