pocket bike exhaust on a CG?

mark20

Local time
1:23 PM
this came across my mind, as im doing a project on 2 stroke engines (teacher is letting me bring my CG engine as a demonstration)
and i was wondering, has anyone tired a pocket bike exhaust (like this one) on one of these engines?
it would seem it would do something (certainly better than a stock exhaust? maybe on par with a SBP one?) seems to me it should bolt right on (you would probably have to port it out to match the CG engine)
i would like to know!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's the exhaust I'm using. The pipe wasnt close to fitting. The flange is 40mm across the bolt hole centers and does bolt on. The pipe is a wierd shape and won't bolt directly on. I cut it and welded a new front pipe onto it. The expansion chamber does work although I think the expansion chamber could be longer. It sounds decent too. Not to loud but loud enough when your on it. Personally I think it's a good pipe to use to make your own expansion pipe. And you can find them cheap. I think I paid 23bucks for mine. 20190328_223438.jpg

That's the exhaust I'm using. The pipe wasnt close to fitting. The flange is 40mm across the bolt hole centers and does bolt on. The pipe is a wierd shape and won't bolt directly on. I cut it and welded a new front pipe onto it. The expansion chamber does work although I think the expansion chamber could be longer. It sounds decent too. Not to loud but loud enough when your on it. Personally I think it's a good pipe to use to make your own expansion pipe. And you can find them cheap. I think I paid 23bucks for mine. View attachment 87363
Cool! I was thinking if getting one as a cheap pipe when i put this on a "real" moped (my parts bike)
It should be interesting!

that looks like the flex poo poo pipe i did some measuring and i believe if i cut it at where the fflex starts i might be able to slide it right onto the end of a thruster exhaust lol not sure what if aanyy possitive effects it migght have i havent used it since i got it like 4 yrs ago and i wanna ddo something with it dunno what tho
https://www.bikeberry.com/bbr-tunin...KcUH3jUFzSQysdqZ6_WvkzT361QLutqIaAm2nEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Zeda-Flex...7&s=gateway&sprefix=flex+poo+p,aps,161&sr=8-1

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I know space is limited but you will pick up top end if you shorten it down to as close as you can get it to the pedal without hitting.

These motors like a 6-10" header before the chamber.

I know space is limited but you will pick up top end if you shorten it down to as close as you can get it to the pedal without hitting.

These motors like a 6-10" header before the chamber.
cool! ill pick one up after i fix my CG, magneto blew out :(

So I added a 6 inch section of 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipe in the middle of the expansion chamber. And cobbled together a front header pipe out of 3/4 copper fitting. I have it mounted up so I could go for a test run and the dyno in the ass of my pants notices a dramatic improvement. Tomorrows task is replacing the bearings in the rear wheel and making this exhaust look pretty and mounted properly.20190517_191544.jpg20190517_191617.jpg20190517_191441.jpg

Back