Poll: Has your front hub motor spun out of your forks?

Has your front hub motor spun out of your forks?

• Yes - and my kit DID have a torque arm/safety retainer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - and my kit did NOT have a torque arm/safety retainer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Final build photos

Here is the final version of my torque arm. This has the 10mm wrench with the side ground down to have two little raised areas to grab the axle. The axle was then ground slightly to give the raised areas something to grab. The photos are posted earlier in this article.

These photos also show the safety wire wheel-keepers. I wrapped .032 steel safety wire around each side of the axle three times, then secured it. You can't tell in this photo, but the wire is threaded through a small hole in the droputs each time it loops around. Now, if the wheel did spin inside the droputs, the safety wire would keep it in place.

So far I have about 50 miles or so with no problems since installing this torque arm.

202_PICT0393_1.jpg
202_PICT0394_1.jpg

This info is excellent!

My BD 36 has arrived and i'm going to install it today after I do some research in these threads.

Thanks for sharing!

Axle Spun Twice

I have a Go-Hub and the axle has spun out of the fork twice, the second time it cut several of the wires. After repairing the wires I still have a short that blows the fuse. I suspect the controller. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement controller for a Go-Hub 400T. Danny from Largo Scotters where I bought the kit is out of commission right now.

:D Blaze, i also used a brake arm on my front hub, but mainly as a retainer until i could have sized it correctly. in case the axle did spin, the retainer would keep it in place.

my hub motor never fell out or loosened up, even when using 72vdc and the bike(and me)weighing 325 pounds.

i had to file(clearance) the dropouts considerably to fit the larger electric motor's axle. however, i took great pains so that the dropout fit the axle perfectly. i also used the special retainer locks in the kit.

Back