POll - What would you pay for a true Tuned Pipe?

What is the most you'd pay for a true tuned pipe?

• Zero - engines have enough power as is

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • $1-$50

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • $101-$150

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • $151-$200

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • $201-$250

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $250-$300

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • $301-$350

• $350-$350

• $351+ - I simply MUST have one!

• Total voters
A

andyinchville1

HI All,

Just a poll to see what a true expansion chambered tuned pipe would be worth to you in terms of performance and cost...

Thanks!

Andrew

I don't believe the extra power will be worth the wear n tear on these little engines
they are in-expensive because they are in-expensively manufactured
I have seen what a cam and blower can do to an engine tha is not prepared and ain't gonna do it to my 2stroke

Yes....but think of the few seconds of fun you could have! ;-)

Actually I disassembled my helpers engine (he wrecked the bike but the engine was fine) and was surprised at how thin the cylinder wall actually was....you are
correct....these engines seem to lack a little beef!....I was thinking wondering tho....how hard would it be to make this little thing water cooled (build a water jacket around the cylinder head)....should make for durability through better temp control?....Hmmm maybe a new project!

is it possible to get a tuned pipe on a 4 stroke. or are they just low key machines and dont need tuned pipes? im getting the champion 6.5hp 4 stroke and i wana build my own air filter on it, and a new exhaust. i dont think i'll put it on a bike though. maybe some kind of go kart or lawn mower...

jon

expansion pipes don't apply to a 4-stroke (because of valves)...a balance of quiet operation with freedom of flow does.

Possibly soon....I have been busy working my regular job so this project was temporarily put on stand by....I do have a prototype but have to do some final touches....Uhhh like making it fit a bike!...Actually have to do some more cutting and welding to get a better fit....Stay tuned! ;-)

Andrew

Tuned Pipe vs. Boost Bottle

Set me straight is if I am wrong. The tuned pipe helps on the top end of the power band. A boost bottle works better in the low to middle. From my limited experience, the low and mid is where I need power and not the top. :confused:Am I wrong or right.

A tuned pipe can be made to optimize the performance of a specific RPM range....NOT necessarily top end only....Generally most "race" pipes emphasize top end at the expense of low and mid range BUT thought of another way....The stock muffler we have on our engines doesn't really help power really SO A pipe gives you MORE power in it's tuned RPM range and often has the SAME power (or more) that the stock muffler has at other RPM ranges....I have not personally tried the boost bottle I bought yet but I have heard good things about them....they supposedly help low to mid power as you mentioned.
Andrew

I have come to assiciate speed with danger.
Cars cant see us!
I stay under 23 because I am in a big city with congested traffic.
I could have chosen an 80cc motor or a 48. I choose the 48 and do not want to go any faster or speed up any quicker. Call me a chicken.

Back