Poo Poo Pipe

Purple Haze

Local time
8:12 AM
Just got a new poo poo pipe cheap, and was wondering if anyone would like to weigh in on their experiences with one. I know that i will enjoy not getting my righthand shoe dirty. Any tips on port-matching? Do I need to put the extra wide crank on? Thanks for anything.

I lengthened my stock exhaust, but never owned a Poo Poo pipe. To me, it was worth the effort because the engine sounded quieter during rides because the exhaust exited behind me, and the sound did not reflect off the pavement as much. If you have a rear rim brake, the longer pipe keeps oil from collecting on the rear rim too.

Thanks, wheelbender. The rear wheel does get oily, as does the rest of the bike. I ride a lot, and I seek quiet and clean. I also got a heat diffuser, supposed to help with cooling, but the port match is way off. I may or may not use it.

Ok, here's the finished setup: SAM_8561.jpg The heat diffuser needed a little grinding on 2 fins to clear the fins on cylinder, but looks good, like a real motorcycle engine.SAM_8562.jpg Had to do a slight bend to clear my aftermarket chain tensioner, was very simple.SAM_8563.jpg This setup gives better low end performance, is quieter, and puts the dirty, oily exhaust behind me where it should be. All in all I'm very happy with it for everyday riding.

Back