Poo-poo pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
opinion: the lean is probably the boost you feel...carefully monitor your mix, go as rich at it will tolerate, play with the plug-gap also if you feel the combustion chamber is too "dry." if you don't have a slight "sheen" on the plug threads, it's likely the rings and cylinder-wall look the same....not a good thing.

resetting the needle did help. the plug is now back to the toasty brown color. I really think a different carb is appropriate for this thing. Also, I ordered the chrome steel manifold dax sells, I have the very restricted aluminum one now. Stay tuned for news of that.

Fixing the lean condition was good. Go another notch or two richer and you shud see more power since your pipe is flowing better than stock. Goodluck!

so i found a long "poo-poo" pipe, (the one on the grubee web site) for 29.99 on ebay and bought it. It arrived yesterday and I wanted to share my impressions with you all... if this post would be better in reviews please feel free to move it there.
The welds are not the nicest beads ive ever seen, kind of globby and pooled, but they seem sturdy enough, the chrome plating is fair.
The flange fits well. the bends on the pipe contour the engine and frame beautifully. Looks hella cool! Had to do some fooling around with the angle of the muffler to achieve peddle clearance due to the idler pulley mount, but worked it out.
Started her up, and sounds good. Lots of pop-pop, and 2 stroke sounding.
Immediatly felt a big increase in low end torque on my 70cc. Got to 24mph very quickly, but then seemed to flatten out considerably. I usually get to 28 mph with my 50 tooth at redline. I couldnt get past 25, but also wasnt making as many rpms.

Weight plusheader length has all to do with it but some are lucky to even go past 25mph, but for the most part for what your paying for is added safety during your ride.

1) less likely to be considered a motorcycle.

The police see 25mph they will wave to piss you off.

2) air quality safety, push the exhaust out of your breathing area at stop lights.

3) proper silent exhaust I feel that the can cans to short as well for the stock.
Pushing the sound away from the motor is also a disguise.

Either way all the box dealt stuff is usually 89% garbage crap go digging around in the moped and dirt bike world and you'll get proper performance at the price of a 1 inch diameter header pipes.

Shorter pipe = more acceleration,

Longer = more torque at the cost of acceleration,

Look at a dodge, Chevy , Ford and a Honda.

Chevy has power, dodge has drop dead low end torque and Ford has the best upper low end torque to power range.

Honda is all acceleration but we know those 90s Honda's weigh as much as a 80/90 Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back