Port timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The height over port for exhaust is now 22.2? What was it stock?Most that I see are 26-27mm from top of window to the deck and raising it 1.5-2 mm retains the bottom end torque after that it falls off quite a bit aiding only the topend.
He's showing 7.5mm of blowdown. You usually use 6mm don't you? I have a stock jug in front of me and it's 29mm to top of exhaust port and 33.6mm to top of transfers. I couldn't imagine raising the exhaust nearly 7mm to get to 22.2. Something is fishy with those numbers.

The height over port for exhaust is now 22.2? What was it stock?Most that I see are 26-27mm from top of window to the deck and raising it 1.5-2 mm retains the bottom end torque after that it falls off quite a bit aiding only the topend.
Shouldn't the degrees of the exhaust duration equal the sum of the blowdown and transfer duration?

my jug has been decked so that was 2mm to start
i took about a 1-1.5mm off the top of the exhast port

about 3-4mm for the bottom of the intake

He's showing 7.5mm of blowdown. You usually use 6mm don't you? I have a stock jug in front of me and it's 29mm to top of exhaust port and 33.6mm to top of transfers. I couldn't imagine raising the exhaust nearly 7mm to get to 22.2. Something is fishy with those numbers.
That makes sense because if it was decked even 2mm that leaves it at 27 then if raised 1-1.5mm at the window thats 26-25.5 .I dont see how it ended up at 22.2.

That makes sense because if it was decked even 2mm that leaves it at 27 then if raised 1-1.5mm at the window thats 26-25.5 .I dont see how it ended up at 22.2.

From what i can find it was 26.5 from standard than decked

it was late last night when i got the measurement. i was told my duration should be up around 170 odd for my transfer ports

well its my first attempt so see what ive learnt or done haha

what are your feelings about it?

my jug has been decked so that was 2mm to start
i took about a 1-1.5mm off the top of the exhast port

about 3-4mm for the bottom of the intake
Sorry but that makes no sense that you removed 3-4mm at the bottom of intake etheir,The port calculator shows only 11mm in height from your inputs and they are in the stock range of measurements.

Sorry but that makes no sense that you removed 3-4mm at the bottom of intake etheir,The port calculator shows only 11mm in height from your inputs and they are in the stock range of measurements.
It was a very rough guess. I will check again but was told to aim around the 120 duration for inlet

it gets very confusing trying to understand what people are saying

From what i can find it was 26.5 from standard than decked

it was late last night when i got the measurement. i was told my duration should be up around 170 odd for my transfer ports

well its my first attempt so see what ive learnt or done haha

what are your feelings about it?
I geuss you'll just have to see how it performs for your self to see.What happens when the exhaust timming is too high and IMO to much blow down duration is the loss of the exhaust pressure aid pulling the next charge from transfers at lower rpm and then that loses torque due to improper cyl fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back