Ported cylinder

Local time
12:13 AM
Just wondering if I can buy a nice ported cylinder instead of making one my own... if I have to port it on my own no biggie but the less work i can do on this the better the way I see it right now... also what are reed valves and should I get them or should I not

yep, all kinds of places out there. I wont steer you towards the guy, but there is a guy in chicago tht does a bang up job on porting the steel sleeves. You tell him what you what, and he does the work. he's on ebay. Theres lots out there if you look.

yep, all kinds of places out there. I wont steer you towards the guy, but there is a guy in chicago tht does a bang up job on porting the steel sleeves. You tell him what you what, and he does the work. he's on ebay. Theres lots out there if you look.
Mainly just that this is my ride to work I don't wanna ruin my only cylinder worst case I wanna be able to screw up and replace it if need ve

Mainly just that this is my ride to work I don't wanna ruin my only cylinder worst case I wanna be able to screw up and replace it if need ve
Buy a few extra jugs and read up, then practice. We all screw up, part of learning. Or if you have friends that destroy motors, ask for their dead horses and practice on them.

Buy a few extra jugs and read up, then practice. We all screw up, part of learning. Or if you have friends that destroy motors, ask for their dead horses and practice on them.
See I got an extra jug with an entire motor... I wanna try getting that going again since it just had a clutch problem I couldn't figure out but now I know a lot more about these engines too

See I got an extra jug with an entire motor... I wanna try getting that going again since it just had a clutch problem I couldn't figure out but now I know a lot more about these engines too
Ok then go through here, read the recent posts on porting, then go back a little more. Read till you got a feeling of whats going on. Then start lightly and work up your confidence. Take ya time, don't go to fast, troubles will come and they will pass. Really just take your time and do it right. I rushed my first port job, looks like a 5 year old got a hold of my die grinder and jug. Pretty embarrassing to see this jug. Lol.

Back