Ported Cylinders For Trade

I still have a few cylinders left.

I will trade you a very nicly ported cylinder for a used engine.

Running / Not running don't matter.

I only ask the cases are not broken.

No holes or cracks in them.

I will pay the shipping for the engine.

Thanks
Rich

I have 3 brand new black Grubee GT5 Skyhawks here, two 48's and a 66.
They look identical from the outside which is nice if you want to disguise running more cc's than allowed by law, and yes, a wider cylinder bore is the only difference I see.

I don't know why you want to dump Grubee motors, I have found them to be top notch in both motor and kit parts.

Anyway Rich, how much to mail you a couple cylinders to port and polish?
I don't want to part with these motors, just enhance them ;-}

They are toys to me, because I don't think they are reliable.
I'll try this again, and go with Castrol oil instead of 2cycle oil, but if it throws a ring in less than 1000 miles, I'm putting it in the scrap bin.

Thanks for answering the question, re: bore/jug.

KcVale

The 48cc engines have 6mm studs.

The 66cc have 8mm studs

The blot pattern is different too.

I have 2 new GT-5 66cc Cylinders.
1 of them is ported.

I could port the other one in a day.

Personally i think the Ported PK-80 Cylinder on a Grubee GT-5 would be better than a GT-5 cylinder on a GT-5.

The transfer ports in the grubee are too high up in the cylinder.
This is bad for low end power. I can make the Grubee Rev alot more but it will lack bottom end compared to a PK cylinder.

Theese chineese engines don't seem to handle the extra power too well.
The piston and wristpin are weak and break.

Honestly i'd reccomend buying a PUCH Cylinder Kit.
There not overly expensive and are much better.
Als you will push alot more power.

I wouldn't expect much from rich... I sent him a motor to be rebuilt as a test with xtra parts and $60 for return shipping. Haven't seen the motor, parts, or $$ since and its been about a month.

I think everybody was right about rich. If I wasn't so busy I would post a thread w/the whole story.

Bottom line is I would trust rich about as far as I could throw him...

I empathise with your sentiments vtec.

For that reason i've not sent Rich any money for modified engine parts. In a previous thread, i stated a fair time frame to have his website and manufactured parts available for sale.
If his products are not ready for purchase by January, the whole notion of Rich being a player in motorised bicycle engine components will suffer failure in the public domain, and arceeguy's comments will have been vindicated.

Based on how things have panned out, the moderators should consider allowing arceeguy a second life on motored bikes as he is looking like a virtual certainty in proving himself correct.
I know this might rub moderators the wrong way, but i'm coming more from a point of referential fairness attached to his previous comments about Rich's original claims, which have evidently gone the way of his prediction.

At the end of the day arceeguy gave his opinion, even though it made me furious to hear his appraisal of the proposed technical development program, incorporating "Fisher Technologies" patented mechanism.
Having said that, should there be concessions for a person (who has been banned) now that hindsight has proven him to have made a true and correct assesssment of the situation?

Fabian

Last edited:
I have been watching this thread, and unfortunately lack of a response speaks volumes..I was really pulling for him to make a go of it and succeed.
Cheers
Chainmaker

I have seen many like him come through my workshop over the years young upstart with big ideas but when it comes to actually doing its a different story they talk it up but fail to produce a fraction of what they say, I spot this thing quickly these days. I empathise also with those that have been ripped off by this member.

I'm really; really hoping Rich can come up with the goods and make true on his words to create a redesigned engine from scratch.
Having said that, the way things are looking, Rich "may" very well go the way of "Superchared Customs", with fanciful stories of his super charged 2-stroke bicycle engine, that had a tyre blowout at 60 miles per hour, all whilst he skidded to a stop.

I've never heard anymore from Superchared Customs - shame really, as i wanted him to make available his supercharged 2-stroke engine for purchase.

Fabian

I'm really; really hoping Rich can come up with the goods and make true on his words to create a redesigned engine from scratch.
Having said that, the way things are looking, Rich "may" very well go the way of "Superchared Customs", with fanciful stories of his super charged 2-stroke bicycle engine, that had a tyre blowout at 60 miles per hour, all whilst he skidded to a stop.

I've never heard anymore from Superchared Customs - shame really, as i wanted him to make available his supercharged 2-stroke engine for purchase.

Fabian

Fabian,

It is all pipe dreams...and here's why:

Putting experience aside for a moment; the capital outlay for the equipment necessary to embark on such an endeavor is huge!

For anyone to manufacture parts for, a niche market such as, motoredbikes requires a unique set of circumstances.

1) The owner of the manufacturing facility must have a genuine interest in motoredbikes, just for the sheer enjoyment of motoredbikes.

2) The equipment, (capital), must be paid for, thereby greatly reducing the overhead of the operation as a whole so that parts can be made for a market that is notably spend thrift.

3) The owner of the manufacturing facility needs to have a full understanding of engines and mechanical engineering in order to produce/offer said parts that represent an improvement.

It's the total package of the operation that makes things happen...if one part is missing...the whole thing becomes a pipe dream.

The idea of anyone producing engines that are fuel injected, supercharged, case reed valve inducted etc...etc., for motorized bicycles is just ludicrous.

A reworked engine that addresses the short commings of the Chinese engine is all that is needed for a motorized bicycle.

This can be done affordably, and I have the know how and tools/equipment to do it.

At this point the hype has gone to such an extreme that I feel like a decent engine that made 3-4 horsepower, smoothly, would just be shot down for not being up to everyones elevated expectations.

Here are some pics of a Schwinn Spoiler I built for a customer...The bike was purchased, the engine was purchased...the rest I made here at the shop.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=27885

Jim

Last edited:
Back