Ported my 48cc BBR little to no difference in power

joecass

Local time
5:05 PM
So I ported my 48cc BBR engine and I did not noticed much power increase. I was wondering if I have to modify the exhaust and intake because there’s not enough air flow? This is what I did to my cylinder. This is not my cylinder I didn’t take a picture of it but that’s what I did to the transfer ports and I opened up the exhaust port and raised the exhaust port a little also opened up the intake port. Dose anyone know if the carb. And intake and muffler are the same as the 80cc BBR motor? because then I would think that it should have enough air flow to feed a modified 48cc engine if the same intake, carb., exhaust feeds the 66cc engine.

Attachments

• 88743E16-E205-4D2C-8288-908C08892C65.png
    88743E16-E205-4D2C-8288-908C08892C65.png
    904 KB · Views: 190
old post I know, but nobody answered ya...
any updates?
I fiddle with my 48cc a bit. if you lose any oomph or see no gain top end, you might've went too far in porting. after you ported it, it needs a richer fuel mix since it's flowing more air, and probably won't have any low end acceleration, but you might get some more top speed and in that thinking, a good expansion pipe like MZ65 will help too, because the stock exhaust & air filter will be restrictive to any gains you made for airflow.
intake for about 1/2 of the 66cc's is wider than our 48's (40mm vs. 32)

Before you take any advice further, has this bike been ridden the required 300 miles to break in the rings? Secondly my 48 cc engine came with a restriction of the intake manifold gasket between it and the cylinder. Lookd about like a 10mm opening in the gasket, to reduce the fuel air flow, this would hold the engine's power down considerably. I'd pull the carb and intake and take a look at the gasket between the manifold and cylinder before going further

Back