Porting question

nickaloadien

Local time
5:31 AM
I'm about to buy another 100cc 2-stroke engine and I'd love some input on proper porting please! After doing tons of research I think I'm going to: Widen exhaust and intake port 1mm, raise exhaust 1mm and lower intake 1mm. Trim piston skirt to clear intake port at TDC. Will this configuration mess up things or improve it? also I'm going to be running a clone MZ65 pipe, 36T sprocket, hi compression head, reed valve with NT and PZ adapter, PZ19 carburetor. I guess another question is are any of these things necessary? I'm trying to make a bike that'll go 45mph/70kmh+

I'm about to buy another 100cc 2-stroke engine and I'd love some input on proper porting please! After doing tons of research I think I'm going to: Widen exhaust and intake port 1mm, raise exhaust 1mm and lower intake 1mm. Trim piston skirt to clear intake port at TDC. Will this configuration mess up things or improve it? also I'm going to be running a clone MZ65 pipe, 36T sprocket, hi compression head, reed valve with NT and PZ adapter, PZ19 carburetor. I guess another question is are any of these things necessary? I'm trying to make a bike that'll go 45mph/70kmh+
Changing the height of the ports will also mean that you are changing the port timing as well...If you are really knowledgeable and expert at this, go right ahead, but if not, your gonna screw things up royally...lol.

You can widen the ports though it would be wise to actually match the exhaust porting and intake porting to their respective manifolds for best results

If you are going to use a reed valve, You are going to need to buy a windowed piston, don't do any skirting as it should be unnecessary with the reed valve.

Ps...After doing these things you are probably gonna need to look into your carburetor jetting, possibly needing larger jets for more fuel flow.

Hope this has been helpful and hopefully I am fairly accurate here...If not, I KNOW for a fact that some of these guys here will no doubt call me out on it where I might be in error...lol...lol...So wait for more opinions from folks like @Chainlube, @Street Ryderz, @ImpulseRocket89, etc. and a few other guys that do this stuff in their sleep, as they are so good at it, and have done these type of things many, many, times already...lol...lol.

Back