Porting? what are you guys doing about this?

350zdrftr

Local time
10:34 PM
Like the title says, what are you guys doing about this?
This is the gasket with not even a mile on it yet, I had to order a half link because my chain keeps getting caught up.
300scvb.jpg

IF you want to stick with the stock exhaust, you should match the exhaust flange to the exhaust output from the port. Technically this is not known as porting. You do the removal of the material with a Dremel tool or air driving die grinder with the little sanding drums.

Tell me this, does the exhaust output on the cylinder match the gasket?

Not sure what the chain has to do with it (?)

all i said about the chain was that the bike is currently not running and the motor does not even have a mile on it yet.

as far as it matching the gasket, you can tell by the pic the black areas is the exhaust not being able to escape. I used a dremel on the exhaust and widened the hole a bit but there is not enough material to make a circle match a rectangle

OK got it.

All can do is make the flange tapered and as wide as material permits. This is certain better than doing nothing.

My intake and exhaust are the same. I just used a dremel to make the flange match the ID of the pipe. Its about the only thing you can do I think bar having a custom intake and exhaust made.

There is plenty of material available to at least make a smooth transition from the oval port to the round pipe, intake or exhaust as shown in the photo. You will never get it perfect but you can make it better. I would first start with making a new gasket that matches the port on your engine and then get the intake or exhaust manifolds to match.

Attachments

• Intake Manifold.jpg
    Intake Manifold.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 342
After riding those things, matching the in and out ports makes a distinct difference. I have done this "porting" (aka matching) thing one at a time. Whoa Nelly - I felt that thing!!

Back