Portland, OR ride anyone?

pdxrhett

Local time
2:42 PM
I am up for it. I would love to ride around town with 20 or so MBers by my side.

I'm thinking SE Portland, maybe in the Hawthorne area?

I just rebuilt the bike and im still breaking it in and taking it easy till i am certain i will not be flying over the handle bars. If you want to meet up send me a message, yo. I live in Oregon City. Ill be riding this weekend as much as i can.
Where do you live?

When is the annual whizzer ride this year? Anyone know? (i don't have a whizzer but i want to ride this year)

~Aaron

Sounds like fun. Just make sure you obey the stop signs now...I think they are getting pretty picky up there.

Will be moving to OR in about 3 years. Waiting for the wife to finish up her nursing degree and then we're outta' here. Looking for rural cities yesterday (I don't want to be in a huge city), but she wants to be in Eugene. I think i am the only Motored bike within 100 miles. I would love to get with other riders... Just keep on riding and maybe one day we'll pass each other.

I'm up for a ride anytime. I live in NE but close in. We could go disturb the walkers and family get togethers up at Tabor.

Hmm. I am only 19 and don't know where Tabor is lol. Maybe set up a meeting spot? I'll have to get a bigger tank :p

Lookin at Corvalis soon. work in healthcare and love ya love to ride. Eugene is a sweeeet city, plenty of progressive culture and country just outside. two hospitals and more close. I'd like to ride up there and buzz the area soon. Will be in Newburg Oregon early Aug. Only thing Oregon treats mb just like a motorcycle. signals and all. the best to yer woman. nursing is a rough trade. w.

Hmm. I am only 19 and don't know where Tabor is lol. Maybe set up a meeting spot? I'll have to get a bigger tank :p

Mt. Tabor is the big hill around SE. 70th and I guess stark. Has a lot of Portland's water storage. If you were on Hawthorne heading east you would run right into it.

As far as I know, as long as you are 49cc or under, you are not considered a moped, or a motorcycle in oregon (maybe just Portland?). 50cc = moped license and over 50cc = motorcycle.

I know for sure my bike does not require DMV, DEQ, or even a license to ride because I am only 49cc (asked DMV, and the cops, and I have written statements). I plan on asking DEQ what's up soon.

Now that you tell me where Tabor is, I remember lol. Maybe we can plan a trip :D I'm all for it.

Thanks wes, i'm more of the "past-progressive" type (being a deadhead and all) But i know that the community and myself woould get along fine, not to mention the most brewreies per capita than anywhere else in the states.

I haven't checked into the laws yet, but if it is like Arkansas, under 50cc requires nothing more than head and taillamps. I have a HT 80cc and work right next to the police station, so everyone thinks that I have a 48cc. I mean, who's going to pull the engine apart and start measuring? (That is even if they were smart enough to figure it out....

Three more years and I'll have a big enough nest egg to move up there with you guys.
Keep riding!!!

Scott,

Back