Possible Electric Bicycle ? [ trolling motor ]

I'm suprised to hear that. If there is no front fender then I can understand that your bike might not have the drilled hole at the bottom of the steering neck where the long caliper brake bolt slides through,but there is usually about a fourth inch of clear pipe left that permits you to drill yor own hole through the very end of the steering tube.My second build, the Stallion,has a springer front end so they had a 'floating' fender that used only dual fender supports but no top tab ... the place where the hole is in the steering tube ... I just drilled one of my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
the fender hole goes straight up
and there is 0 pipe down the forks start at the bottom of the housing

sound like triple tree forks (motorcycle style)
if no brake bosses available, probably cheapest route is drum hub
I have one and have used it on three bikes now, well over 1000 miles on it, and it still stops me very predictably

Okay dumb a** question. Do they make a front caliper that mounts 'UP' in that fender threaded hole. There wouldn't be much clearance though. The mtb I bought at the thrift store has the brake in a hole that goes horizontally through the front fork. I know nothing about hand brakes by the way.

Hmmmm .... how about curving a piece of threaded barstock to replace the straight bolt that comes with the brake kit ? Kind of a J shaped bend you could make .... then sandwich the caliper between 2 nuts n 2 lockwashers.

I draw like a retard .... but simply put, hang the caliper from the bottom of the J ... screw the top of the J into the threaded portion of the bike he said was there ... However, if I understood his post, the tire I'm thinking is well forward of the threaded receptacle he has otherwise this j bolt wont work either.

It's a question of how close the tire will arc under the curve of the J if I'm understanding the complete scenerio .... if there is tire clearance, the top of the J bolt is screwed into the bike by hand with locktite applied, then run the nut with lockwasher up tight as well. Obviousely the pics show a truly exagerated bolt length, this j shape length would be determined by how far it must extend to make the brake pads center on the wheel rim.

Attachments

• mushrooms.jpg
    mushrooms.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 543
  • mushrooms 001.jpg
    mushrooms 001.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 418
Wiz, not knocking your artwork but by the looks, unless that is a 1/2" stainless steel jay hook, it will just bend and possibly injure someone. I think Wiz, without a picture of his bike were just shooting blanks.
Doc

Back