Possible electrical problem and wiring clarification

F

Fox

Okay. I have read a couple of different things and something needs to be clarified.

I have the king/howell/chinese 70/80cc, the magneto has 3 wires coming out of the engine cowling. Blue, black and white.

I have read that the white is an output (for a light etc) and in other places (Namely zbox.com.au, where I bought the motor from) I read that the white is to be grounded to kill the engine.

Because my bike will not conduct, I opened the casing surrounding the magneto (replaced the crappy gasket) and fitted another wire directly to the black (Where it screws into the block).

Now, is the white an output, is it a kill, or is it a combination of both?

(BTW, my engine will not fire, seems I have no spark :censored: )

Thanks,
~Fox

the white is a combination of both, and if you hook something up to it, it puts out .5 Amps @ 6 volts, anything exceeding that rating will kill the engine... the black and blue hook up to the CDI box. Black to Black, and blue to whatever the other color is.. there are two that don't match, but they go together anyway...

-pianoman

Kill Swith to Blue Wire

You can hook the kill switch to the white wire and it will work to kill the engine, but does not do so instantly. The white wire is for lights. A better way to hook up the kill switch is to hook to into the blue wires. I've tried both methods and find that unlike on the white wire, when the kill is attached to the blue one, it kills the engine instantly with no hesitation. You might give it a try. Good Luck.
Charlie

I agree with Charlie. I didn't hook up the white wire to anything at all. I ran the kill switch to the blue wire and it works great.

Back