possible new gear drive for honda/suburu four strokes!

W

wavygravy

ok gang heres one for ya ! i got to twiddleing with 49cc mitsubishi 2 stroke that i blew & noticed that the bolt pattern & clutch gear drive very closely resemble that of the honda ect four strokes!the gear drive is very well made & has made it through i could dish out!

Attachments

• IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 557
:cool:Hmmm, if they share the same 78mm clutch size and 4-bolt pattern, i'm hoping that gear drive should bolt right on. what sizes are the sprockets?

yeap, thats the one im after, just finding it difficult to find a supplier anyone know where i can get one of these with the output spocket for a bicycle?

or do you know where i can just get the bicycle chain output sproket?
(as ive been told by thats dax as good as thoses guys are i have to wait)

I say that gearbox looks like my Titan gear box!
Duane (dax) has those sprockets,btw.
Don't know about availability.

Rain on the Parade.

I'm fairly certain that you will find that the gearbox shown will not bolt directly to the Honda or Clone. You will need an adapter that spaces it out from the crankcase approx. 1-1/4 in. and that also has the slightly smaller bolt pattern to adapt this gearbox. Staton-Inc. makes such an adapter. You will need such an adapter because the clutch when fitted to the Honda/Clone stands proud of the mounting surface of the engine approx 1-1/4 in. The gear box shown will probably be a direct bolt up for the Subaru/Robin though. Then the consideration becomes does it reverse the CCW rotation of the motor?

Go-Kart parts suppliers are a good source for small #40/#41 driver sprockets that might fit this and other gear boxs.

ocscully

Last edited:

Attachments

• ROBIN EHO35 gearbox.jpg
    ROBIN EHO35 gearbox.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 478
  • SUBARUgearbox.jpg
    SUBARUgearbox.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 477
  • GOPEDsubaru.jpg
    GOPEDsubaru.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
ohhh... you guys... thanks for the help.

large filipino, ocscully and forbisher!!

large filipino: i emailed dax but no reponse. so i orderd a 20 mini bike sprocket and will cut it to fit correct chain witha template i made with autocad. thats ccccustom. ps what does moop mean?

ocscully: thanks for the info thank god im using a rs 35 i have had bad experience with staton eg no response etc. so the sprocket needed for the shaft of the gb needs six pins with inside dimension of 11mm and outside of 14mm. according to my measurements. the go kart sprockets/for bicycle chain i found generally are for larger shafts. so planning to just make one unless one of you gentlemen know where i can find one on ebay.

forbisher: thanks so much for the pictures!! i have bought the same gb last week just waiting for the engine eho35..ccc...c.c.can't wait..

Last edited by a moderator:
pps forbisher what ride do you have? that goped setup looks so good!!!! sure theres a way to frankenstein it onto a bike :)

Anyone have an idea of the reduction ratio of these? Also, do they swap the direction ie. on a CCW motor do they go CW?

Back