Possible Race Event In Eastern Wa!!!

Sgt. Howard

Local time
6:33 AM
As mentioned- Hizzonor, the right reputable Patrick Plumb , Mayor of Tonasket and Grand PoohBah of the surrounding Podunks and Quagmires, has informed me that to cordion off a selection of the downtown district on a Spring Weekend into a flattened dog-bone type configuration that creates a mile (more or less) per lap for ten, twelve, thereabouts laps per heat, with divisions for engine displacements etc. would be quite feasable!!! What he wants to see is a suitable number of entrants with a marvelouse display of eyecandy. I agree that BTRs need seperate heats in engine classes due to the outright beauty of such a spectacle, but others are open style class... at least, that's OUR ignorant opinions... we are thinking portable grandstands, entry fee of modest proportions, public pays to view, concessions, dealer booths, the whole bucket of sludge with promoting the sport as the final goal. POLICE HERE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THESE BIKES!!! I have had many conversations with the local constableary where they considered these to be nothng more than bicycles!!! Perhaps they are ignorant of the law... very possible... I commute to work often enough on mine that I am a regular fixture on the landscape- the authorities ask me how I made it and where can they get one.
SHOULDN'T THERE BE A CALENDER OF EVENTS HERE THAT I CAN POST TO? Just thought I'd ask...
Who is interested? Tonasket is a short hop south of the Canadian border on Hwy 97 in Eastern Washington State
the Old Sgt.

"No plan of Battle survives first contact"- Napoleon

Last edited:
The race is on!!!

Exact date is uncertain- 4 laps to a mile, 5 mile competitions is the (tenative) game plan with as many heats as we can cram into a day. Late Spring 2011 is the time frame with a full weekend worth of activities. Enough local interest generated to catch the right attention. This is testing the waters, looking to do this annually if reasonably successful. Any of you characters interested?
Sgt. Howard

That sounds like a lot of fun to me. I am in the process of moving to Aberdeen, WA and plan to be settled in by the start of the new year. I want to go to this even if I do not race. I think there are a number of motorbikers in Washington and that many would turn out for such an event. I have heard of some sort of meetup in Ocean Shores also that sounds good.

Tom AKA Gator Wrestler

not race- rally

Just south of town is the rodeo grounds- there is a LONG (5 mile) stretch of frontage road that hizzonor can secure for the event. Rodeo grounds is very user friendly with grandstands, consessions and the whole bag of worms. An impromptu race will not be out of the question, some of the local buisnesses are talking about sponsership (Prizes) for such an event, details are starting to gel people are getting excited.... WHERE ARE THE RIDERS?!? Is there nobody in Eastern Washington interested? or Idaho? Oregon? If accomodations are an issue, we can provide one way or another. Thinking March- April, somewhere in there.
the Old Sgt.

hey I am in seattle and could make a long weekend out of it.....whats the rules ...do i need peddles...will there be an "outlaw" class???

Event

At this point, anybody with a motorbike creation would be welcome. You're the first nibble, so that gives you qute a bit of barganing power. Outlaw, eh? Sure, why not? I'm thinking I would like to see some restrictions on engine displacement so this doesn't turn into a home made motorcycle event. What size engine are you running?

Event

Went to your website- the 'Green Machine' is your creation? Cool Beans, you're in. Let's go ahead and 'Rainbow' the event... small motor, bicycle basis, let 'er rip from there.

yeah the "green racer" is mine its changed alot from that pic. Ive made ma own jack shaft and the controls are set up like a motor cycle. toe shifter and foot brake, a tripple tree front fork off a down hill bike... in that pic it had a 61cc ive moved to a modified 66 since then....now its torn down and being further modified... i do have another 1 thats got the old 61 on it right now.

Back