Posting for a friend

Justin216

Local time
6:04 PM
Hey all, we have a slight problem with a build we made years ago. He hasn't driven it much because of this issue or as fast as he would like to. We built an OCC chopper build with a 66cc engine that he had bought from the USA. I usually always buy grubie but in this case he did not buy one and I still have no idea what brand it is or where it came from. Problem is when the bike gets going about 10km/h it starts to vibrate. The faster you go the more the bike shakes and it vibrates so badly you want to let go of the handle bars and quickly get off the seat of the bike...somewhere after increasing speed the vibration goes completely away only to return again as you accelerate faster. We have put rubber underneath the engine and even around the U bolts and everywhere the engine made contact with the bike and the adapter plate that offsets the engine to adapt to those chopper frames....Do you think maybe the crank shaft was not properly machined due to it being one of those cheap knock off chinese kits? Has anyone else run into these sorts of problems in their builds? Anyone build a chopper before? I will get some photos of the build shortly.

what I want to know is if replacing the engine will be worth it, or do chopper builds vibrate?

how much effort to drill into the crank if needed? I work in a metal fab shop so drill press is no issue

Hey all, we have a slight problem with a build we made years ago. He hasn't driven it much because of this issue or as fast as he would like to. We built an OCC chopper build with a 66cc engine that he had bought from the USA. I usually always buy grubie but in this case he did not buy one and I still have no idea what brand it is or where it came from. Problem is when the bike gets going about 10km/h it starts to vibrate. The faster you go the more the bike shakes and it vibrates so badly you want to let go of the handle bars and quickly get off the seat of the bike...somewhere after increasing speed the vibration goes completely away only to return again as you accelerate faster. We have put rubber underneath the engine and even around the U bolts and everywhere the engine made contact with the bike and the adapter plate that offsets the engine to adapt to those chopper frames....Do you think maybe the crank shaft was not properly machined due to it being one of those cheap knock off chinese kits? Has anyone else run into these sorts of problems in their builds? Anyone build a chopper before? I will get some photos of the build shortly.
Yeah he got a bad crank,out of balance badly but putting rubber will not help that it will just make things worse!If he want's to keep this engine solidly mount it and lean out the bottom end that will take care of most of the first imbalance point,the upper range really cant be avoided with out re doing the crank..

Another thing you said this is a OCC Chopper

If your using this mount toss it, its junk and causes problem including vibration.

Get these instead.

i'm actually building 2 more OCCs making 6 and 7 and these make them SO MUCH EASIER and faster to put together

Where can I buy those mounts? I've been thinking of ways to make a better mounting system but yeah the engine is s**t but I'd like to have a different bracket set up for the new engine if i end up looking into it for him.

Where can I buy those mounts? I've been thinking of ways to make a better mounting system but yeah the engine is sh*t but I'd like to have a different bracket set up for the new engine if i end up looking into it for him.

You can Buy Everything For A OCC Chopper Here , Mounts,Pipes,Pedals,Forks,Seats Etc Etc even A WHOLE Tuned Engine Kit that comes with the mounts if you wanted

Where can I buy those mounts? I've been thinking of ways to make a better mounting system but yeah the engine is sh*t but I'd like to have a different bracket set up for the new engine if i end up looking into it for him.
You can buy the one's from Gas bike,Bike berry or pedal chopper, or you could fab you're own there are many ways of doing this.

Back