Posting printable templates of actual size bike parts to the forum group

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Wolfshoes, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Wolfshoes

Wolfshoes Member

In sharing ideas of motor bike improvements; I am looking for ideas of how to do an exact to scale print of a bike part as a file attachment that another forum participant could use in duplicating a part for his own bike. My best idea is pdf, but attempts to upload this format to the site has not worked.

<
  2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Hi, pdf is ok.

The size limit is 4mb per file but I can make it larger if needed. How big are the pdf files?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Wolfshoes

Wolfshoes Member

4 mb should be big enough. The files are not made yet. I did recently try to attach a 81 kb PDF file to a post but was not successful.

4. Anton

Test pdf upload.

Attached Files:

5. Anton

Looks like it's working. If you have any troubles just let me know and I will sort it out. You can always use the contact form here http://motoredbikes.com/misc/contact

If you send me the file I can try to troubleshoot the problem.

6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

why pdf? that attached pdf opened with libre draw... when i would expect a pdf to open in adobe reader... um...?

whats wrong with jpeg etc? they always print out the right size if people ensure printer settings are to scale...

and if its a 3d drawing, STL maynt be the best but it is the most common and easy to modify... rather than DXF etc...