powder coating filler??

PsychDoc

Local time
10:58 PM
HI guys- I have a dilemma. I wanted to powder coat my frame but I'm afraid the clumpy welds and surface imperfections would leave the bike looking poor. However I'm finding a product that essentially claims to be usable as a pre powder coat bondo. so- do any of you have experience with, or suggestions for a filler that can used under powder coat? or am I stuck with paint?
https://www.alvinproducts.com/ "Lab-Metal"

Can you braze? That's the way to fix those kind of imperfections. Braze over and then file smooth, braze files easy.

I have the will- I have a torch- sadly I don’t have the knowledge. But I’m a good student.
I have soldered all kinds of good stuff. (See pic- bonus points of you can tell me what it is) I’m having a hard time getting solid information about what type of brazing rod and flux to use.

Attachments

• 02EA80E9-B4C4-45D2-8753-123DB5573394.jpeg
    02EA80E9-B4C4-45D2-8753-123DB5573394.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 242
(See pic- bonus points of you can tell me what it is)

That's a Still, are your making White Lightning. ☘ For St. Patrick's Day?
Lead will work as a good filler. I would call the Powder Coat Shop and ask them what they suggest you do.

I agree, call the powder coater and ask what they recommend. If the scratches are not too bad, you might be able to file them down enough, that it won't matter to the powder coater.

Back