Engine Trouble Power loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboy23

Local time
10:53 AM
I'm having some troubles and I wanted to know if anybody can help me
So I just poured my third tank of 20:1 break in mixture and now my bike has almost no power on the top end. I can get up and get moving but if I go WOT nothing happens...

I have an NT speed carb in a 66/80cc zoombicycles kit. Engine was running fine before but not anymore.
I feel like my break in process is done and it's just time to switch the ratio. Could that be the problem? If not what might it be?

your head or intake manifold is probably loose. check your spark plug tightness also. make sure the choke is not on.

your head or intake manifold is probably loose. check your spark plug tightness also. make sure the choke is not on.

Okay thanks for the response I'll check tomorrow and see if I'm able to fix the problem

Sounds like a loss of compression. If tightening doesn't fix it, remove the head and sand it on plate glass to get it flat. These stock heads seem to warp easily. If that doesn't fix it, check your seals on both sides, sometimes they are not installed correctly at the factory.

power loss is almost always loss of compression or imminent seizure

I'm having some troubles and I wanted to know if anybody can help me
So I just poured my third tank of 20:1 break in mixture and now my bike has almost no power on the top end. I can get up and get moving but if I go WOT nothing happens...

I have an NT speed carb in a 66/80cc zoombicycles kit. Engine was running fine before but not anymore.
I feel like my break in process is done and it's just time to switch the ratio. Could that be the problem? If not what might it be?

The other posters have tons of experience and must be listened to, but maybe a simpler explanation is that the mixture is too rich at WOT. My fix came when I played around with the float in the float bowl.

Timbone

If you have checked everything and the bike still runs poorly, make sure to check the magneto side crankcase seal, to see that it's seated correctly.

Some engines use a thin style crankcase seal on the magneto side and they can occasionally work themselves free, which causes all sorts of idle issues and throttle transition issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back