PowerKing listens and upgrades

H

Haggard

Hi all .
Having had a few past conversations with John at PowerKing regarding a couple shortcomings in his product ,I was pretty excited to recieve an email regarding the lastest shipment of engines that was supposedly to have all the upgraded components that I myself aswell as others of you have mentioned or suggested in the past.

Any of you that think your words fall on deaf ears are mistaken.

These new happy times 67cc (PK80,s) Yes he is aware of the difference and has acknowledged the need to change the labeling but leave that as it may,
These kits now come with UPPER roller bearings instead of bushings, 8mm head bolts opposed to the 6mm previously used.

They also come with an upgraded throttle control with real nice matching handgrips.The entire engine i recieved was powercoated a nice grey, and he mentioned getting them done in black also as per costumer feedback on what they'd like.

They've made other improvements also, which I will report in a full review upon doing a complete teardown and evaluation of all internal/external components followed by a run in and longevity report.

From what I've seen so far , these kits are far,far superior than their predecessors

~Haggard~

I'm glad someone's listening cos from what i hear many of these kits are getting more inferior,not less. :cry:

I'm glad someone's listening cos from what i hear many of these kits are getting more inferior,not less. :cry:
Yeah ,I hear ya there. These actuallly look pretty good and having just got one broken in , am pretty happy with it so far.
Haggard

he needed to improve the power kings, the one I bought lasted about 10 days, the piston bushing went out,bike was rode easy

dragbike

I have at least 500 miles of hard riding on my power king bushing engine and it runs great. I pulled the head to take a look at the bushing and it looks like new. Castor oil works as advertised.

After my boygofast engine failed (roller bearing gave out), I'm replacing all current and feature roller bearings with US or German made bearings.

Last edited:
Back