powerking motors 80cc

That sucks man, i would recommend getting a skyfire engine due to the fact that they are the ONLY engines that are not cheap ripoffs of grubees products. Almost all of the happytimes have been reversed engineered from the original and best- Grubees engines. Not trying to start anything with any vendors, but they know this too. There is nothing wrong with their engines, and i myself have a HT from powerkingshop (that i am not happy with) they are just a copy of a superior engine that was designed by real engineers.

Grubee engines are copies too. The difference (as I understand it) is that Don was able to get more consistent quality control from the factory. The Grubee history page states that Don took an engine kit home from a trip to China and figured he had a winner with all the attention it got. It also states that Don is no longer really involved with the Grubee brand anymore.

I have two engines coming - one from Powerkingshop and one from BoyGoFast. I will be disassembling both and making comparisons between the two engines. Who knows, they might be identical or there may be subtle (but important) differences between the two. For $159 each, there wasn't much of an investment though.

Last edited:
Grubee engines are copies too. The difference (as I understand it) is that Don was able to get more consistent quality control from the factory. The Grubee history page states that Don took an engine kit home from a trip to China and figured he had a winner with all the attention it got. It also states that Don is no longer really involved with the Grubee brand anymore.

I have two engines coming - one from Powerkingshop and one from BoyGoFast. I will be disassembling both and making comparisons between the two engines. Who knows, they might be identical or there may be subtle (but important) differences between the two. For $159 each, there wasn't much of an investment though.

Ok if they, (the Grubees) are copies, then who has the originals? My Kings is about to turn over 3200 miles... I'd like to find a back up motor, but this one is still running strong.

I started a thread about the origin of the "Happy Times" engine, and found that the original design is Russian, and dates back to the 50's. The current manufacturers used this basic design, and made changes as necessary. (CDI ignition, recoil starts, centrifugal clutches)

If you depend on your HT as a primary source of transportation, I would buy another kit, take it apart and thoroughly "go over" everything to prep it for daily duty. I plan on building two bikes with my kits and sell off one bike, which probably won't be too hard. I bought the engines from different suppliers so I could post a comparison here.

okay, update;sent pics to powerking and they responded by email wanting pics;sent them last sunday nite and they called @about 9am mtn time said they would send new motor ,no charge or shipping cost; motor is already in okc.,okla this evening..will receive here tues. due to labor day .Nice guy!! must have shipped as soon as he got off the phone.....was factory defect....can't beat their service.....will and would buy from them again..Phat

Wow - so you bought an engine in July of '06 and they are going to send you another one for free in Aug '08? Now that's service! Many vendors state that there are no warranties on these engines whatsoever, so powerkingshop is definitely trying hard to please!

I just got an "80cc" kit from them a little while ago, and it came within a reasonable amount of time considering it was from Canada. My first impression between the powerking and BoyGoFast engines is that the powerking engines are packaged better and they are painted silver vs. bare castings. (covers up the rough casting finish nicely)

no,no..i bought the motor about the 14 of july 08;received and installed it on or about july 21 of 08...put 120 or so miles on it and it blew.....i sent them pics and etc...sorry for the misunderstanding....but they made it right......will update later after i tear down new motor next week....Phat

Back