Powerkings clutch causing me serious grief!

BeachBruiser

Local time
7:01 AM
Can anyone out there help me out? I put my 80cc bike together and now it won't pedal. The clutch will not engage at all. There is no action on the clutch and the metal pin that contacts the ball bearing inside does nothing when I try to push on it. It's completely stationary and can't be budged. I've sent numerous requests for help to powerking and they've ignored all of them. I'm thinking of pulling a paypal chargeback if they continue to ignore me. Have I done something wrong or do I have a faulty clutch? Here are some pictures though I don't know that they can help. Isn't the pin supposed to move in and out to activate the clutch? I'm so frustrated with this project and the customer service at powerking.

Attachments

• DSC_0172.jpg
    DSC_0172.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
No, it wouldn't free wheel with the clutch engaged. I whacked it with a ball peen hammer a dozen times and now it works fine... no thanks to the lousy customer service at Power King however. Thanks for the great assembly instructions, Power King. You guys are top notch! If it weren't for this site I'd have never gotten mine together. Now I just need a replacement chain. #41 I'm reliably told through Mr. Right. I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and start looking for it.

lets see if i can help. first, your not going to push that pin in by hand, you can barely activate the clutch arm by hand. so put the cover back on, install the clutch lever and cable. adjust the cable so it is good and tight. the clutch should disengage with the lever on the handle bars now. hope this helps with the clutch issue, as for powerking, sorry cant help but mine runs great. just let us here help you get it running and you'll have so much fun you'll see that all the strugles to get it going are worth it.
hill climber

careful with those smashing THINGS

I've sent numerous requests for help to powerking and they've ignored all of them. I'm thinking of pulling a paypal chargeback if they continue to ignore me.

take them to the (out house) vendor section I reckon
seems that the least they could do
is be in some form of contact with you

although we noticed that you got it running on your own
was that with a hammer THING you say
we have always heard
get a bigger hammer
saw a guy the other day
dragging a 40 lb sledge behind his motor bike

be careful with those smashing THINGS

have fun as you ride your MB thing

it looks to me, as if the motor is at a very severe forward-angle....
if thats the case, the chain may be getting stuck between the sprocket and the engine casing. you can see it.
and that pin wont move in or out, without the cover/arm on.....

Good eyes spunout.
Also, it looks like the rear mount is not sitting up against the seat post. If he were to fix that, the engine would sit on less of an angle.

Good eyes spunout.
Also, it looks like the rear mount is not sitting up against the seat post. If he were to fix that, the engine would sit on less of an angle.

powerking has made a casting design change, recently. to allow for a bigger downtube and without having to drill holes to use the "adaptor" plate nightmare, they've widened the front engine mount. fat downtubes are a cinch, but inadvertently, they've created a easily-remedied angle problem.

Back