Pre-build checklist: Things all new owners should do with these 2 stroke kits...

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by rumme, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

got the patch in,looks like it will hold up just fine.
    still on the fence with spare motor or a whole kit to build a spare bike.

<
  2. thomasready

thomasready New Member

" you tie them together with wire, or like stated I used small zip ties"
    Sounds like a very good thing to do, but can't picture in in my old mine would you be able to post a photo
    thanks in advance...

3. Camel O'Rama

Camel O'Rama New Member

I will throw in this...
    Replace the crap nuts, bolts and etc with quality stainless steel components...

4. Waxxumus

Waxxumus Member

My clutch lever is bent to allow for this, but, at some point during shipping, the lever was also bent upwards, shearing some of the metal on those little metal splines off and effectively getting the arm stuck.
    Aside from putting the arm in a vice and knocking it off roughly with a hammer, Im not sure how to get it off now that its an obtuse angle.

5. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

Would it really harm anything,if i dont put the anti lock screw back into the clutch plate?

6. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

you could spin the flower nut right off while riding

7. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

but what if i tell you that i cant screw the bolt back in?I really dont have much a choice ,is there another alt?

8. crassius

if the screw is stripped, get a new one

if holes are stripped tap it out to slightly larger size or get a new pressure plate or drill & tap a new hole in plate you have

9. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

I was trying to avoid doing any of those listed,not like i have the ools for those jobs,and im trying to not have something shipped out either.

It would take a lot to have that flower nut to move,its pretty darn stuck on the shaft
    but if all else fails,ill have no choice to do one of the above,thanks

10. crassius

pull the clutch while cover is off & see for yourself how "stuck" it is

your choices are to fix it or let it break past the point of being fixable

11. Waxxumus

Waxxumus Member

Try saying its stuck there after you pull the clutch in.

12. 45u

45u Active Member

17 foot pounds same as 204 inch pounds on a 8mm stud is max for cast aluminum if it is top quality aluminum. On 8mm studs or bolts I recommend no more then 175 to 180 inch pounds. On 6 mm studs you want much less.