Pre-build checklist: Things all new owners should do with these 2 stroke kits...

tooljunkie

got the patch in,looks like it will hold up just fine.
still on the fence with spare motor or a whole kit to build a spare bike.

thomasready

" you tie them together with wire, or like stated I used small zip ties"
Sounds like a very good thing to do, but can't picture in in my old mine would you be able to post a photo
thanks in advance...

Waxxumus

My clutch lever is bent to allow for this, but, at some point during shipping, the lever was also bent upwards, shearing some of the metal on those little metal splines off and effectively getting the arm stuck.
Aside from putting the arm in a vice and knocking it off roughly with a hammer, Im not sure how to get it off now that its an obtuse angle.

Zackiriyah

but what if i tell you that i cant screw the bolt back in?I really dont have much a choice ,is there another alt?

crassius

if the screw is stripped, get a new one

if holes are stripped tap it out to slightly larger size or get a new pressure plate or drill & tap a new hole in plate you have

Zackiriyah

I was trying to avoid doing any of those listed,not like i have the ools for those jobs,and im trying to not have something shipped out either.

It would take a lot to have that flower nut to move,its pretty darn stuck on the shaft
but if all else fails,ill have no choice to do one of the above,thanks

crassius

pull the clutch while cover is off & see for yourself how "stuck" it is

your choices are to fix it or let it break past the point of being fixable

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!