Pre Forensics Help

inspectorcritic

Local time
11:56 PM
The other day my bike stop working, I check for spark had none, tried another CDI I had fasten to my frame no spark.

The I remember a magneto I had place in a tree 2 years about 2 miles away so hike down to get it put it in and power.

Thing I notice I could pull my rotor out back and forth about a 1/4" with a clank is this a sign of a death of motor still yet to come?

I blew a piston out the week before place a used piston in don't know if I want to send away for, piston, rings and spindle if the damn crank shaft is ready to expire or should I junk it order new motor?

I don't have the necessary press to pull the motor apart, don't want to screw with it motor performance has drop off usually around 26-28 MPH down to around 21 average

stashed it? you know some ppl are prepping for the apocalypse with caches of stuff lol. I used to have a lighter and screwdriver in a ziploc under a brick by this stream idk, just in case? this was back in the 80s

Sounds like the crank bearings are going bad.
Okay, best guess answer something going out, I don't want to mess with tearing it apart my estimate might have 2 weeks of engine life left think I'll prepare for it's burial right now order another motor do you know of any high performance motors?
Found 1 for $106.00 which is reasonable but the shipping is over $78.00 which is not!

Found something but it's from gazbikes a GT 90 it sez up to 10 HP but I bought a GT 80 4.5 HP from them the jug crack and even when replace it never fired up again!
My damn phone won't load the page so I don't know.

Back