Pre load adjustment on 80cc clutch

jampet

Local time
3:27 PM
I recently installed a hub mounted smaller rear sprocket on my 80cc motorized bike and replaced clutch pads and have properly made the adjustments and taken link's out of the chain so the tensioner is tight everything works fine until I dump the clutch then I end up with a lot of slack in the chain again. What am I missing?

I recently installed a hub mounted smaller rear sprocket on my 80cc motorized bike and replaced clutch pads and have properly made the adjustments and taken link's out of the chain so the tensioner is tight everything works fine until I dump the clutch then I end up with a lot of slack in the chain again. What am I missing?
Can you post a few pics of this, especially if you can show before and after pics for when you "dump the clutch"....Also pics of that hub you installed from different angles.

If the chain is new they are often a bit stiff and don't straighten out fully due to the links being pressed so tightly together from assembly. Once run or put under a higher amount of tension they will go slack again and need re-adjusting.

If your chain keeps getting slack, then either something is shifting, or that chain is made out of pure chinesium.

If your chain keeps getting slack, then either something is shifting, or that chain is made out of pure chinesium.
You just had to know this was coming Rocket...lol.

sg15SHU.png

Actually was a combination of things the sproket had shifted enough to where it wasn't quite centered and the nut holding the tensioner arm was stripped and wasn't keeping the arm and tension on chain as it should have thanks for your feedback

Actually was a combination of things the sproket had shifted enough to where it wasn't quite centered and the nut holding the tensioner arm was stripped and wasn't keeping the arm and tension on chain as it should have thanks for your feedback
I always go buy grade 8 bolts and nuts for my tensioners on all my builds. Had to many strip out and go into wheel. Finally learned my lesson lol. Hope you got it going...

Back