Pre-Mushroom Shot Of Me & Oscar:

Hi Hal & Oscar,
If you have a real small Crescent wrench, it could be used on the top of the bolt [just to hold in place], and the 10 MM could be used to secure the locking nut. Make sure you have a 8 MM to hold the lifter.

Have fun,

You must be re-enacting the WWII "Block Warden" scene that I remember as a kid in the '40's. The Roosevelt badge sets the period!

HAL

Good eye, but actually I'm an Auxiliary Policeman in that photo. I also do an Air Raid Warden impression at living history events. Here's a shot of me as a Chief Air Raid Warden at Fort Miles (Cape Henlopen - where we held the East Coast Motoredbike Rally in October).

Attachments

• 100_0424.jpg
    100_0424.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 209
Civil Defense Worker

Hey, and see, all this time I thought you were in the Infantry carring a 1903 A-1 Springfield, and a back pack with one of those cute lil folding shovels......

Mike

I didn't have two so I went to my local flea market and picked up a brand new S-K for five bucks.

I'm not sure if the adjustable wrench will work well. Some of the clearances are tight.

Hey M'bike Mike:

Those "cute little folding shovels" are called "Entrenching Tools".

I can just hear the Platoon Sergeant tell his men:

"Listen up, troopers...we're gonna dig in on the enemy's flank, so get out those cute little folding shovels and go to work!"

Lt. Col. Hal,
C.O. 13th Batallion, 5th Regiment, 2nd Infantry Div.

Hal
Thank you for your service to our country. Since Kilroy had to show off his uniform I had to show off mine and the Cushman.

Jim

Attachments

• Cushman1.jpg
    Cushman1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 225
Hey Jim:

I was not a Lt. Col.

In fact, I was not an Officer at all...I was discharged (honorably) as a Spec 4.

That Cushman sure looks like Government Issue, with the O.D. paint job!

Speaking of Cushman scooters...how many of you remember these that came from my High School days in the early 1950's?

Mustang

Powell

Salisbury

Harley Davidson 125

Doodlebug

Western Auto

Servi-Cycle

Of all the above, the Mustang was the most admired.

HAL

Speaking of Cushman scooters...how many of you remember these that came from my High School days in the early 1950's?

Mustang

Powell

Salisbury

Harley Davidson 125

Doodlebug

Western Auto

Servi-Cycle

Of all the above, the Mustang was the most admired.

HAL

most of those are here..... http://scooter.lst1090.org/index.htm
didn't see the western auto..?

Back