Pre release teaser Pics NE-R

Hi Hal,

Often the valve seats aren't cut at all [no 45 degree angle]. And many had a very small area cut on the seats. On all the cylinders, motors, or cylinder kits I have sold I always re-cut the seat with a NEWAY tool, then I lap the valves into the seats, then I liquid test them. If the dealer offered to re-seat the valves in the deal, sounds like he knows what he is doing, and you might want to consider buying the bike. On most [not all] of the bikes I have sold I upgraded the tires because it doesn't cost much to use a better grade of tire.

Have fun,
Quenton "Lee" Guenther

well, I am jealous that so many features that I had to pay for will now be standard. I do like the way it looks. looks good to me. and I can see how they used the Ambassador to add some upgrades to the Whizzer.

Does anyone know what headlight they are using on there?

I just found out that with a CVT "transmission" that the Arizona DMV will no longer consider this as a motor assisted bike. It was until now grandfathered in as a motor assisted bike or moped. That status may be lost all together now. As such it must now go by motor scooter laws. No longer can it be ridden in the bike lane or path. Licence, registration, insurance, motorcycle endorsement is now required. I hope it is just the new one that is affected by this rule or I will be more than just a little ****ed!

For me all that is a deal breaker as I do not want to ride in traffic. I like putting along at 20 mph nearly alone on the bike lane/path. If I was going to have to go through all that legal cwap I think either nothing or a small motorcycle or scooter would have to be the choice for me.

I think whizzer has made a terrible decision to drop the NE5 heritage bike that favorably reflects back to the original 1947 model. I also wonder why they did not just refine and improve what they had. They could have just made this one to replace the ambassador that seems not be catching on at all.

You know Jeep has done much the same thing and lost their loyal following too. Jeep enthusiasts just repair and rebuild the originals rather than buy new.

Kep1a

I don't know Kep1a. how is a cop (or the DMV) going to know about the CVT transmission? do they have anyway of knowing that when you register the bike? not sure if AZ has the same laws as other states, but here in Cali it is easy to get a moped license and registration (one time fee, send form in the mail). that way we can be legal and it is still easier than regular registration, title, etc.

sk8
I have already been asked to provide my ID (licence) and prove that what I have is a motor assisted bike and not a motorcycle by pedalling the bike a few feet. I also had to explain that behind that big chrome cover is only a couple belts and an automatic clutch and not a transmission. I even was asked "if you have a commercial drivers licence and two new cars registered why do you ride a motored bike then. My reply was "to screw OPEC". He smiled and said thats not a bad idea. Then he let me continue on my ride home from work at 3:30am.

They tend to hassle the motored bike owners around here. I have seen cops slow and follow these motored bike owners to ensure they do not exceed 20 mph. The underlying belief of our police is that these motorized bike owners are the lawless sub culture and are comprised of those who have lost their licence either due to a DUI or other illegal activities.

Kep1a

Hey Kep1a:

Ahhhhh!

So there's somebody else who prefers to go putting along a bike path or country lane at 20 MPH!

My respects to you, Sir!

"Stroker" Hal

Last edited:
You know if Whizzer decided to put a set of quality international standard sealed disc brake hubs with hayes mechanical disc brakes along with a quality set of painted to match manitu or other quality disc brake compatible mountain bike true suspension fork. Then upgrade the bike to sealed headset, pedals and bottom bracket. Fixed the quality issues with the clutch, lifters, belt alignment along with other fit and finish issues and promoted it as a 50 to 60k no touch quality motorized bike. I would buy two in a heart beat even at $2200 or possibly even more if I had confidence in it like folks do with Toyota.

But it has to keep connection with it's heritage and retain the 1947 simple but intelligent design philosophy.

Just a thought
Kep1a

Am I off base or is this what most folks are willing to pay their hard earned dollars for?

( I just found out that with a CVT "transmission" that the Arizona DMV will no longer consider this as a motor assisted bike. It was until now grandfathered in as a motor assisted bike or moped. That status may be lost all together now. As such it must now go by motor scooter laws. No longer can it be ridden in the bike lane or path. Licence, registration, insurance, motorcycle endorsement is now required. I hope it is just the new one that is affected by this rule or I will be more than just a little ****ed! )

As far as I can find out, The New NE-R Is " Illegal " in "ALL" 50 states as a Motorbike. Do to the CVT clutch, in which changes the Gear Ratio of the running gear. And that put's the NE-R into a category in most states that requires a , License - Registration - Insurance and NO bike lanes...

Take Care - Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a motorcycle in PA...

In PA it will have to be registered as a motorcycle, as it completely surpasses the criteria for a motor-driven bicycle or even a moped. With the CVT I would assume that to be the case in most states as well.
I hate to say it, but once again it looks like Whizzer took direct aim at their target audience and shot themselves squarely in the foot.

Back